Monsters Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Mission with 'Moon Landing Night' this Saturday
CLEVELAND, OH - The Cleveland Monsters will host a special 'Monsters Moon Landing Night' presented by Dominion Energy on Saturday, March 23, at 7:00p.m. against the Hershey Bears to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Mission.
Saturday night will begin with the first 10,000 fans through the doors receiving a specialty Monsters astronaut themed bobblehead courtesy of Dominion Energy. Retired NASA astronaut Mario Runco Jr. will be on hand to drop the puck for the game and sign autographs in the first intermission at Section 123.
Additionally, the Monsters will be wearing specialty spacesuit-themed uniforms featuring the Apollo 11 design during the game that will be available through an online auction to benefit the Monsters Community Foundation. The auction will be held through Handbid from when the doors open at 6:00p.m. until 10 minutes after the game. Fans can get assistance and receive more information on the bidding at the Monsters Community Foundation table located at Section 128 throughout the night.
The NASA Glenn Research Center will be on the concourse throughout the game with exhibits including a photobooth, a spacesuit display, a virtual reality spaceship experience, an interactive kiosk, display models and more. Fans will also have the chance to take a photo in the astronaut bobblehead face-cutout.
Monsters players Tommy Cross and Paul Bittner had the chance to visit the NASA Visitor Center Exhibit at the Great Lakes Science Center on March 5 with former NASA employee JonDarr Bradshaw and the experience was filmed to be shared during the game. Cross and Bittner learned about NASA and Cleveland's impact on space exploration that will be passed along to fans in attendance Saturday night.
Replica space-suit jerseys will be available for fans to purchase at Team Shop as well as special space themed items including pucks, mini wood player sticks, t-shirts and sweatshirts.
Cleveland Monsters tickets for the hottest games of the year on sale now and start at only $10 per seat! Additionally, 2019-20 Monsters Hockey Club memberships, including the best seats for each game, the lowest ticket prices, exclusive year-round benefits and free gear are also on sale now. Visit https://www.clevelandmonsters.com/tickets/monsters-hockey-club or by calling the Monsters sales and service team at 216-420-0000.
Images from this story
Cleveland Monsters' Moon Landing Night bobblehead
Cleveland Monsters' Moon Landing Night jersey
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 20, 2019
- Sens Move Six Clear of Utica - Belleville Senators
- Bridgeport extends point streak at home to eight games in overtime loss to Toronto on Wednesday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Drop Only Trip to Laval 3-2 in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Special Teams Send Checkers over Syracuse - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Downed by Checkers, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Late Push Not Enough in Belleville - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Welinski - San Diego Gulls
- Eagles Add Defenseman Peter Tischke - Colorado Eagles
- Game #58 Preview: Tucson vs. Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Reassign Justin Woods - Manitoba Moose
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Cameron Gaunce from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Weekly: New Point Streak Starts as Bears Eye Playoff Spot - Hershey Bears
- Thunderbirds Sign F Brendan Robbins to ATO, Recall F Matt Marcinew from Manchester (ECHL) - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Drew Melanson Recalled from Maine of ECHL, Greg Chase Released from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Roadrunners Sign Aliu to Professional Tryout - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Visit Bridgeport for Midweek Match Up - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins Sign Loggins to Three-Year Contract, Pearson to ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bring Your Dog to the BMO Tonight for Hogs' Lottery Cup Showdown - Rockford IceHogs
- Bears Sign Forward Joe Snively to Amateur Tryout Agreement - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Sign Novak to ATO - Milwaukee Admirals
- Libor Sulak Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Mission with 'Moon Landing Night' this Saturday - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Ink Ryan Walker to Amateur Tryout - Binghamton Devils
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Comets, March 20 - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Look for Eighth Straight Home Win Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Chaput's Two Spur Roadrunners to a 5-2 Victory over Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Falters against Tucson in 5-2 Loss - Iowa Wild
- Moose Need OT to Repel San Diego - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Win Second Consecutive Shootout, 2-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Gulls Rally from Three Down to Grab Point - San Diego Gulls
- Rampage Fall to Griffins in Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Blue Jackets Reassign Liam Foudy to Monsters from OHL's London Knights
- Blue Jackets Assign Center Zac Dalpe to Monsters
- Monsters Sign Goaltender Jeff Smith to Professional Tryout Contract
- Monsters Playoff Schedule and Fan Information Announced
- Blue Jackets Recall Center Zac Dalpe from Monsters