Marlies Visit Bridgeport for Midweek Match Up
The Toronto Marlies close out their four-game road trip tonight in Bridgeport for their last meeting of the season against the Sound Tigers.
The Marlies will be looking to even up the season series against the Sound Tigers after dropping a 3-2 shootout decision on home ice back on March 2. They'll have their work cut out for them as the Sound Tigers boast a 21-5-2-1 record at home and have won eight of their past 10. They currently sit second in the Atlantic Division and fourth in the Eastern Conference.
With two wins over the weekend, the Marlies have now won six of their last 10 and have a firm hold on third place in the North Division with 78 points, six points ahead of the fourth place Belleville Senators and five points behind the second place Rochester Americans. Special teams situations will be key for the Marlies, who currently have the best road power play in the league (26.5%). They've seen success on the power play in seven straight games heading into tonight and their penalty kill has been perfect in seven of their last eight games.
Player to watch: Chris Mueller is currently riding a nine-game point streak, totaling 16 points (nine goals, seven assists). He has registered two points in seven consecutive games and his nine goals through eight consecutive games is the league's longest goal streak this season. With his second power play assist on Sunday, Jeremy Bracco tied Tim Stapleton for the franchise record in PPA with 29. He has recorded 69 points (18 goals, 51 assists) through 64 games so far this season and continues to lead the AHL in assists.
Puck drops at 7:00 PM on AHLTV.
Head to Head (2018-19 Regular Season)
34-21-6-4 Overall Record 37-20-5-2
0-0-0-1 Head To Head 1-0-0-0
Win 1 Streak Win 1
221 Goals For 203
212 Goals Against 193
23.0% Power Play Percentage 17.0%
80.9% Penalty Kill Percentage 80.9%
C. Mueller (28) Leading Goal Scorer S. Bernier (21)
J. Bracco (69) Leading Points Scorer C. Borque (47)
M. Hutchinson (14) Wins Leader J. Smith (19)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 20, 2019
- Sens Move Six Clear of Utica - Belleville Senators
- Bridgeport extends point streak at home to eight games in overtime loss to Toronto on Wednesday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Drop Only Trip to Laval 3-2 in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Special Teams Send Checkers over Syracuse - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Downed by Checkers, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Late Push Not Enough in Belleville - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Welinski - San Diego Gulls
- Eagles Add Defenseman Peter Tischke - Colorado Eagles
- Game #58 Preview: Tucson vs. Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Reassign Justin Woods - Manitoba Moose
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Cameron Gaunce from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Weekly: New Point Streak Starts as Bears Eye Playoff Spot - Hershey Bears
- Thunderbirds Sign F Brendan Robbins to ATO, Recall F Matt Marcinew from Manchester (ECHL) - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Drew Melanson Recalled from Maine of ECHL, Greg Chase Released from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Roadrunners Sign Aliu to Professional Tryout - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Visit Bridgeport for Midweek Match Up - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins Sign Loggins to Three-Year Contract, Pearson to ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bring Your Dog to the BMO Tonight for Hogs' Lottery Cup Showdown - Rockford IceHogs
- Bears Sign Forward Joe Snively to Amateur Tryout Agreement - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Sign Novak to ATO - Milwaukee Admirals
- Libor Sulak Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Mission with 'Moon Landing Night' this Saturday - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Ink Ryan Walker to Amateur Tryout - Binghamton Devils
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Comets, March 20 - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Look for Eighth Straight Home Win Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Chaput's Two Spur Roadrunners to a 5-2 Victory over Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Falters against Tucson in 5-2 Loss - Iowa Wild
- Moose Need OT to Repel San Diego - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Win Second Consecutive Shootout, 2-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Gulls Rally from Three Down to Grab Point - San Diego Gulls
- Rampage Fall to Griffins in Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Marlies Stories
- Marlies in Utica for Clash with Comets
- Marlies and Rampage Close out Back to Back Today at Coca-Cola Coliseum
- Marlies Host Rampage in Annual Teddy Bear Toss
- Marlies in Rochester for Midweek Meeting with the Americans
- Greg Moore Named Head Coach of Toronto Marlies