Thunderbirds Sign F Brendan Robbins to ATO, Recall F Matt Marcinew from Manchester (ECHL)
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - The Springfield Thunderbirds announced on Thursday that they have signed forward Brendan Robbins to an Amateur Tryout.
A 23-year-old native of Nashua, N.H., Robbins recently completed his four-year NCAA career with the U. of Maine. He tallied 30 goals and 35 assists in 143 career games as a Black Bear. He was teammates with current Thunderbirds forward Blaine Byron from 2015-17.
In a separate transaction Thursday, the Thunderbirds announced the recall of forward Matt Marcinew from the Manchester Monarchs of the ECHL. In 29 games with the Monarchs, Marcinew has scored nine goals and added 15 assists. In 31 games with the Thunderbirds, Marcinew has recorded 12 points (4g, 8a).
The Thunderbirds begin a three-game weekend on Friday, March 22 when they welcome the Binghamton Devils to the MassMutual Center for a 7:05 p.m. puck drop.
Springfield Thunderbirds 2019-2020 ticket memberships are on sale now and include the best benefits of being a Thunderbirds ticket holder. To learn more about memberships and single game tickets, visit www.SpringfieldThunderbirds.com or call (413) 739-GOAL (4625).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 20, 2019
- Sens Move Six Clear of Utica - Belleville Senators
- Bridgeport extends point streak at home to eight games in overtime loss to Toronto on Wednesday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Drop Only Trip to Laval 3-2 in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Special Teams Send Checkers over Syracuse - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Downed by Checkers, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Late Push Not Enough in Belleville - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Welinski - San Diego Gulls
- Eagles Add Defenseman Peter Tischke - Colorado Eagles
- Game #58 Preview: Tucson vs. Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Reassign Justin Woods - Manitoba Moose
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Cameron Gaunce from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Weekly: New Point Streak Starts as Bears Eye Playoff Spot - Hershey Bears
- Thunderbirds Sign F Brendan Robbins to ATO, Recall F Matt Marcinew from Manchester (ECHL) - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Drew Melanson Recalled from Maine of ECHL, Greg Chase Released from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Roadrunners Sign Aliu to Professional Tryout - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Visit Bridgeport for Midweek Match Up - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins Sign Loggins to Three-Year Contract, Pearson to ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bring Your Dog to the BMO Tonight for Hogs' Lottery Cup Showdown - Rockford IceHogs
- Bears Sign Forward Joe Snively to Amateur Tryout Agreement - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Sign Novak to ATO - Milwaukee Admirals
- Libor Sulak Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Mission with 'Moon Landing Night' this Saturday - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Ink Ryan Walker to Amateur Tryout - Binghamton Devils
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Comets, March 20 - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Look for Eighth Straight Home Win Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Chaput's Two Spur Roadrunners to a 5-2 Victory over Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Falters against Tucson in 5-2 Loss - Iowa Wild
- Moose Need OT to Repel San Diego - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Win Second Consecutive Shootout, 2-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Gulls Rally from Three Down to Grab Point - San Diego Gulls
- Rampage Fall to Griffins in Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Springfield Thunderbirds Stories
- T-Birds Bounce Back, Smack Wolf Pack, 4-1
- Martel Nets Two in Pink in the Rink Defeat
- T-Birds Battle Back Late to Secure Point vs. Bruins
- Springfield Thunderbirds Sign Five-Year Affiliation Agreement with Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues
- T-Birds & Bruins Begin Home-And-Home Set Friday