Admirals Sign Novak to ATO
Milwaukee, WI - The Milwaukee Admirals announced today that the team has signed center Thomas Novak to an amateur try-out contract (ATO).
A River Falls, WI native, Novak recently completed a successful four-year career at the University of Minnesota, scoring four goals and adding 17 assists for 21 points while skating in all 38 of the Gophers games during his senior campaign. In four seasons at U of M, he posted 88 points (18g-70a) in 129 contests and helped the club to back-to-back regular season Big 10 Championships in 2016 and 2017.
A third-round pick of the Predators (#85 overall) in 2015, Novak was named to the USHL All-Rookie Second Team after averaging better than a point per game, 48 points (14g-34a) in 46 games, with the Waterloo Black Hawks during the 2014-15 campaign.
Novak and the Admirals return to action on Friday night when they begin a three-game stretch against the Rockford IceHogs, who the Ads are chasing for the fourth and final playoff spot, by hosting them at Panther Arena at 7 pm.
Fans can purchase tickets by calling the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550, or online at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 20, 2019
- Sens Move Six Clear of Utica - Belleville Senators
- Bridgeport extends point streak at home to eight games in overtime loss to Toronto on Wednesday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Drop Only Trip to Laval 3-2 in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Special Teams Send Checkers over Syracuse - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Downed by Checkers, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Late Push Not Enough in Belleville - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Welinski - San Diego Gulls
- Eagles Add Defenseman Peter Tischke - Colorado Eagles
- Game #58 Preview: Tucson vs. Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Reassign Justin Woods - Manitoba Moose
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Cameron Gaunce from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Weekly: New Point Streak Starts as Bears Eye Playoff Spot - Hershey Bears
- Thunderbirds Sign F Brendan Robbins to ATO, Recall F Matt Marcinew from Manchester (ECHL) - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Drew Melanson Recalled from Maine of ECHL, Greg Chase Released from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Roadrunners Sign Aliu to Professional Tryout - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Visit Bridgeport for Midweek Match Up - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins Sign Loggins to Three-Year Contract, Pearson to ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bring Your Dog to the BMO Tonight for Hogs' Lottery Cup Showdown - Rockford IceHogs
- Bears Sign Forward Joe Snively to Amateur Tryout Agreement - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Sign Novak to ATO - Milwaukee Admirals
- Libor Sulak Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Mission with 'Moon Landing Night' this Saturday - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Ink Ryan Walker to Amateur Tryout - Binghamton Devils
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Comets, March 20 - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Look for Eighth Straight Home Win Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Chaput's Two Spur Roadrunners to a 5-2 Victory over Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Falters against Tucson in 5-2 Loss - Iowa Wild
- Moose Need OT to Repel San Diego - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Win Second Consecutive Shootout, 2-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Gulls Rally from Three Down to Grab Point - San Diego Gulls
- Rampage Fall to Griffins in Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.