Bears Sign Forward Joe Snively to Amateur Tryout Agreement
(Hershey, PA) - The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has signed forward Joe Snively to an amateur tryout agreement.
Snively, 23, joins Hershey after signing a two-year, entry-level contract that starts in 2019-20 with the Washington Capitals. The 5-foot-9, 180-pound forward posted 36 points (15 goals, 21 assists) in 33 games this season at Yale University. He collected a career-best five power play goals, and was named a Hobey Baker Award nominee. He was also selected to the ECAC All-League First-Team.
Snively led Yale in points in all four years of his collegiate career, collecting 139 points (58 goals, 81 assists) in 129 career NCAA games. Additional accomplishments in his NCAA career included being named to the NCAA All-Ivy League First Team and the NCAA (New England) All-Stars in 2017-18. During his freshman year in 2015-16, Snively was selected as NCAA Ivy-League Rookie of the Year, named to the ECAC All-Rookie Team and was a NCAA All-Ivy League Team honorable mention.
The native of Herndon, Virginia has joined Hershey and will wear #15.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 20, 2019
- Sens Move Six Clear of Utica - Belleville Senators
- Bridgeport extends point streak at home to eight games in overtime loss to Toronto on Wednesday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Drop Only Trip to Laval 3-2 in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Special Teams Send Checkers over Syracuse - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Downed by Checkers, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Comets Late Push Not Enough in Belleville - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Welinski - San Diego Gulls
- Eagles Add Defenseman Peter Tischke - Colorado Eagles
- Game #58 Preview: Tucson vs. Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Reassign Justin Woods - Manitoba Moose
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Cameron Gaunce from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Weekly: New Point Streak Starts as Bears Eye Playoff Spot - Hershey Bears
- Thunderbirds Sign F Brendan Robbins to ATO, Recall F Matt Marcinew from Manchester (ECHL) - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Drew Melanson Recalled from Maine of ECHL, Greg Chase Released from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Roadrunners Sign Aliu to Professional Tryout - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Visit Bridgeport for Midweek Match Up - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins Sign Loggins to Three-Year Contract, Pearson to ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bring Your Dog to the BMO Tonight for Hogs' Lottery Cup Showdown - Rockford IceHogs
- Bears Sign Forward Joe Snively to Amateur Tryout Agreement - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Sign Novak to ATO - Milwaukee Admirals
- Libor Sulak Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Mission with 'Moon Landing Night' this Saturday - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Ink Ryan Walker to Amateur Tryout - Binghamton Devils
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Comets, March 20 - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Look for Eighth Straight Home Win Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Chaput's Two Spur Roadrunners to a 5-2 Victory over Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Falters against Tucson in 5-2 Loss - Iowa Wild
- Moose Need OT to Repel San Diego - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Win Second Consecutive Shootout, 2-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Gulls Rally from Three Down to Grab Point - San Diego Gulls
- Rampage Fall to Griffins in Shootout - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hershey Bears Stories
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m. (Atlantic Division Semifinals - Game 4)
- Bears Weekly: Hershey One Win Away from Advancing
- Bears Push Sound Tigers to the Brink in Game 3 Win
- Bears Sign Forward Andrew Cherniwchan to PTO
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m. (Atlantic Division Semifinals - Game 3)