Dragons Notes for Wednesday
Wednesday, May 22, 2019 l Game # 46
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Lake County Captains (26-18) at Dayton Dragons (15-30)
RH Alex Royalty (0-2, 6.75) vs. RH Lyon Richardson (0-4, 4.93)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lake County Captains (affiliate of the Cleveland Indians) in the fourth game of a five-game series. Current Series: Lake County 2, Dayton 1. 2019 Season Series: Lake County 5, Dayton 3 (at Dayton: Lake County 3, Dayton 2).
Last Game: Tuesday: Suspended Game: Lake County 8, Dayton 1. Second Game: Dayton 7, Lake County 3. The Captains won the first game, which had been suspended on April 14 with no score in the second inning. The Dragons came back to win the second game, collecting a season-high 13 hits over their six offensive innings. Morgan Lofstrom led the attack, going 3 for 3 with a home run and four runs batted in. James Marinan pitched a complete game, the first by the Dragons since Tyler Mondile went the distance in the second game of a doubleheader with Great Lakes on May 18, 2018. Marinan allowed only one earned run on four hits and threw only 77 pitches. Ironically, the first game was the longest nine-inning game of the year for the Dragons (3:27) and the second game was the shortest game of any number of innings (1:48).
Pabel Manzanero has hit safely in four straight games, going 8 for 16 (.500). Note: Manzanero also had a hit in the suspended game on Tuesday, which is recorded as being played on April 14. In his last five games chronilogically, he is 9 for 19 (.474).
Jay Schuyler is 9 for 27 (.333) over his last seven games (with the suspended game: 8 G, 10 for 31, .323).
Reliever Connor Bennett in May: 2.00 ERA, 2 saves (9 IP, 2 ER, 15 SO).
Transactions from Tuesday: Pitcher Carlos Machorro promoted to Daytona. Outfielder/first baseman Shard Munroe placed on injured list. Pitcher Moises Nova and infielder Dylan Harris promoted to Dayton from Billings.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Thursday, May 23 (7:00 p.m.): Lake County RH Shane McCarthy (4-3, 4.20) at Dayton LH Connor Curlis (0-0, 0.00)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 22, 2019
- Captains Escape, Edge Dragons in 10 - Lake County Captains
- Let the Good Times Roll - Great Lakes Loons
- Captains Escape Late Trouble, Edge Dragons in 10 Innings, 3-2 - Dayton Dragons
- Lugnuts' Comeback Bid Falls Short, 7-6 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Wisconsin Takes Third Straight with 7-2 Win Over Peoria - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Chiefs Mistakes Help Wisconsin Win Wednesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Tonight's Game Suspended - Beloit Snappers
- Kernels Toss No-Hitter in Twin Bill Split - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Thomas, Explosive Offense Carry Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- Remy Dazzles, But Cubs Topped by TinCaps 3-1 - South Bend Cubs
- Bandits Leave 13 on Base in 9-3 Loss to Cougars - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Fort Wayne Pitching Wows Again, and TinCaps Win Again - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hot Rods Gut out 3-2 Win on Wednesday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Wolf, Whitecaps Take Tough-Luck Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- CareSource, Dragons Team up to Honor Local Veterans - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Notes for Wednesday - Dayton Dragons
- Stay Late Saturdays Back By Popular Demand - Clinton LumberKings
- RHP Jayson Schroeder transferred from extended spring training to Quad Cities - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 22 vs. South Bend (Game 43) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Captains Split with Dayton - Lake County Captains
- It's Fry-Day as the Rattlers Walkoff Peoria for Doubleheader Sweep - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Chiefs Blow Late Lead, Swept in Double Header - Peoria Chiefs
- Cubs Whitewashed for Second Time this Season, Lose 1-0 - South Bend Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.