Dragons Notes for Friday
Friday, May 24, 2019 l Game # 48
Bowling Green Ballpark l Bowling Green, Ky. l 7:35 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (15-32) at Bowling Green Hot Rods (27-20)
RH Ricky Salinas (1-1, 4.79) vs. RH Alan Strong (3-1, 1.83)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Bowling Green Hot Rods (affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays) in the first game of a four-game series. 2019 Season Series: Dayton 2, Bowling Green 2 (at Bowling Green: Dayton 1, Bowling Green 1).
Streaks: The Dragons have lost 12 of their last 15 games (includes suspended game).
Last Game: Thursday: Lake County 8, Dayton 0. The Captains took advantage of three Dayton errors leading to five unearned runs. The Lake County attack was consistent as they scored single runs in the third, fourth, and sixth innings before adding two in the seventh and three in the ninth. The Dragons had eight hits but they were 0 for 8 with men in scoring position. Miguel Hernandez was 2 for 4.
Pabel Manzanero is 9 for 21 (.429) over his last six games (including the suspended game: 7 G, 10 for 24, .417).
Jay Schuyler is 11 for 33 (.333) over his last nine games (with the suspended game: 10 G, 12 for 37, .324).
Juan Martinez is 11 for 34 (.324) over his last nine games (with the suspended game: 10 G, 13 for 38, .342).
Reliever Connor Bennett in May: 1.64 ERA, 2 saves (11 IP, 2 ER, 17 SO).
Reliever Eddy Demurias over his last five games: 1-0, 1.50 ERA (12 IP, 2 ER).
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Saturday, May 25 (7:35 p.m.): Dayton RH Jhon De Jesus (1-3, 4.96) at Bowling Green RH Easton McGee (3-0, 2.29)
Sunday, May 26 (7:35 p.m.): Dayton RH James Marinan (2-5, 5.44) at Bowling Green RH Shane Baz (0-0, 2.40)
Monday, May 27 (1:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (0-4, 4.58) at Bowling Green LH Matthew Liberatore (1-0, 0.90)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 24, 2019
- Balanced Attack Boosts Bandits to Series-Opening 12-3 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hot Rods Cruise Past Dayton 8-2 to Win Third Straight - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Thompson Dominates as Cubs Whitewash Whitecaps 4-0 - South Bend Cubs
- Bees Blank LumberKings in Series Opener - Clinton LumberKings
- River Bandits Pull Away from Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Snappers Drop Series Opener against Cougars 6-1 - Beloit Snappers
- Count 'Em: 20 Hits - Great Lakes Loons
- Shannon, Weiss Provide Friday Fireworks - Kane County Cougars
- Benson Blasts Two Homers in 7-2 Win at Lansing - Lake County Captains
- Chiefs Score Late Runs to Take Game One - Peoria Chiefs
- 'Caps Rough Start Continues - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Dragons Fall to Hot Rods Despite Home Runs by Siani and Rey - Dayton Dragons
- Peoria Prevails over Palm, Kernels - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Winning Streak Ends in Michigan - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Benson Blasts Caps Past Lugs, 7-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Lugnuts Activate Outfielder Neal - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 24 at Great Lakes (Game 45) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Ohio and Dragons Present An Anthem Home Run for Life - Dayton Dragons
- Bees Edged by Kernels in Pitchers' Duel - Burlington Bees
- Snappers mount massive comeback in suspended game, drop nightcap - Beloit Snappers
- LumberKings Split Double Dip with Snappers - Clinton LumberKings
- Captains Close out Dayton Series with Shutout Win - Lake County Captains
- Unassuming, Kind and Heartwarming: Ed Larson, a Bees Legend - Burlington Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dayton Dragons Issue Statement Regarding Governor's Order
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 3: Second Basemen
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 2: First Basemen
- Dragons Single-Game Ticket Sales to Begin Wednesday, March 11
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Preview, Part 1: Catchers