Winning Streak Ends in Michigan
MIDLAND, Mich. - Great Lakes (Los Angeles Dodgers) feasted at the plate on Friday night, smacking 20 hits in a 7-0 win over Fort Wayne at Dow Diamond. The Loons had at least two hits in all but one inning.
The Loons (29-16) landed the knockout punch in the first, scoring five runs on six hits. Dillon Paulson (double), Jair Camargo (single), James Outman (sacrifice fly), Leonel Valera (single), and Dan Robinson (single) provided the runs.
Great Lakes added to their lead in the second, when Chris Roller smacked a solo home run to left field leading off the inning. It was the third home run of the season for the native Texas.
The Loons tacked on a run in the fifth on a Jacob Amaya RBI single. It ended an impressive streak for Adrian Martinez - the TinCaps right-hander had gone his first 18.2 innings in the month of May (seven appearances, including tonight) without surrendering an earned run.
Second baseman Xavier Edwards had a pair of hits for the 'Caps, raising his batting average to .351. Third baseman Tucupita Marcano singled to maintain his .307 average, while catcher Juan Fernandez also singled to boost his average to .288. Shortstop Justin Lopez drew two walks-his second multi-walk game of the season.
Fort Wayne had won its previous four games during a 6-1 homestand at Parkview Field.
Saturday, May 24 @ Great Lakes (7:05 p.m.)
- TinCaps Probable Starter: LHP Ramon Perez
- Loons Probable Starter: RHP Zach Willeman
Listen: ESPN Radio 1380 & 100.9 FM | TinCapsRadio.com | TuneIn
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 24, 2019
- Balanced Attack Boosts Bandits to Series-Opening 12-3 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hot Rods Cruise Past Dayton 8-2 to Win Third Straight - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Thompson Dominates as Cubs Whitewash Whitecaps 4-0 - South Bend Cubs
- Bees Blank LumberKings in Series Opener - Clinton LumberKings
- River Bandits Pull Away from Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Snappers Drop Series Opener against Cougars 6-1 - Beloit Snappers
- Count 'Em: 20 Hits - Great Lakes Loons
- Shannon, Weiss Provide Friday Fireworks - Kane County Cougars
- Benson Blasts Two Homers in 7-2 Win at Lansing - Lake County Captains
- Chiefs Score Late Runs to Take Game One - Peoria Chiefs
- 'Caps Rough Start Continues - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Dragons Fall to Hot Rods Despite Home Runs by Siani and Rey - Dayton Dragons
- Peoria Prevails over Palm, Kernels - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Winning Streak Ends in Michigan - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Benson Blasts Caps Past Lugs, 7-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Lugnuts Activate Outfielder Neal - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 24 at Great Lakes (Game 45) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Ohio and Dragons Present An Anthem Home Run for Life - Dayton Dragons
- Bees Edged by Kernels in Pitchers' Duel - Burlington Bees
- Snappers mount massive comeback in suspended game, drop nightcap - Beloit Snappers
- LumberKings Split Double Dip with Snappers - Clinton LumberKings
- Captains Close out Dayton Series with Shutout Win - Lake County Captains
- Unassuming, Kind and Heartwarming: Ed Larson, a Bees Legend - Burlington Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne TinCaps Stories
- Minor League Baseball Offering Fans Free Preview of MiLB.TV
- TinCaps, Minor League Baseball Have Record-Setting Year Supporting Community
- 2020 Edition of Parkview Sports Medicine Baseball Series Canceled
- Installation of Parkview Field's New HD LED Video Board Underway
- Statement from the Fort Wayne TinCaps on Opening Day Delay