'Dogs with Two in the Ninth to Win 4-2 at Harrisburg
Harrisburg, PA - 1B Jerry Downs snapped a 2-2 tie with an RBI single in the ninth inning, lifting the Portland Sea Dogs (14-16, 41-56) to a 4-2 win over the Harrisburg Senators (10-18, 52-46) on Saturday night at FNB Field. Portland clinched a winning trip, taking their four-game in six contests.
RHP Matthew Gorst (1-5) earned his first win of the season, working two innings of relief, yielding two unearned runs. RHP Adam Lau made it seven-for-seven in save opportunities by pitching a perfect ninth. RHP Kyle Barraclough (0-1) suffered the loss for Harrisburg.
LHP Daniel McGrath (ND) had another excellent start for Portland, hurling six scoreless innings. McGrath has not allowed an earned run in his last 38.0 innings pitched with Portland.
The 'Dogs took a 2-0 lead against Andrew Lee in the seventh inning. LF Marcus Wilson (2-for-4) led off with a single and scored on a single from C Austin Rei. Later in the inning, Rei scored on a wild pitch.
Harrisburg answered in their half of the seventh inning. A one-out error by 3B Bobby Dalbec jump-started the rally for the Senators. CF Hunter Jones knocked in the first run with a sacrifice fly, and a passed ball tied the game.
Dalbec knocked in the final run with a two-out run-scoring single in the ninth against LHP Jordan Mills.
The Sea Dogs and Harrisburg Senators (Nationals affiliate) wrap up their four-game series on Sunday afternoon with a 1:00 PM start at FNB Field. LHP Matthew Kent (4-2, 2.65) makes the start for Portland and RHP Steven Fuentes (3-4, 2.73)
Radio coverage on the WPEI U.S. Cellular Sea Dogs Radio Network begins at 12:45 PM with the Ravin Family Dental Pre-Game Show. The game is available on the tune-in app and MiLB.TV.
Portland's next homestand is July 22-28. Tickets are available at 207-879-9500 or seadogs.com. Book your nine-inning vacation today!
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 20, 2019
- Ponies Hit Six Homers to Power Past Ducks - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Thunder Rally Late to Beat Yard Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- McKenna Lands Walk-Off Hit for Baysox in Extras - Altoona Curve
- McKenna Walks off Curve, 7-6, in Extras - Bowie Baysox
- Pony Power Pops RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
- Holder, Wagner Lead Thunder to Win over Goats - Trenton Thunder
- Homers Don't Help Fightins in 9-4 Loss - Reading Fightin Phils
- Early Lead Slips Away on Saturday Night - Erie SeaWolves
- Senators Fall after Ninth Inning Letdown - Harrisburg Senators
- 'Dogs with Two in the Ninth to Win 4-2 at Harrisburg - Portland Sea Dogs
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs. Portland - Harrisburg Senators
- Erie SeaWolves at Richmond Flying Squirrels - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Sea Dogs Game Notes July 20th at Harrisburg - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: #96 Rumble Ponies (13-17) at Akron RubberDucks (9-20) - 7:05PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.