Senators Fall after Ninth Inning Letdown
On Saturday night at FNB Field, Portland scored a pair of runs in the ninth inning to break a 2-2 and beat the Sens 4-2. The teams traded zeros for the first six innings before they both scored a pair of runs in the seventh inning. The Sens left two on in the seventh, then two in the eighth, opening the door for the Sea Dogs to score a pair in the ninth for the win. The Sens went one-two-three in the last ninth.
On Capitol Hill
Bryan Bonnell made the spot start for the Sens and tossed two scoreless frames while striking out three. He stranded runners at first and second in the second inning.
Andrew Lee pitched tossed five innings retiring 12 of the first 14 batters he faced before allowing two runs in the seventh inning, his fifth inning of work.
Kyle Barraclough pitched 1.2 innings and allowed two runs on two hits.
Jordan Mills came on in the ninth and allowed a hit to the first batter he faced then he hit a batter before striking out Luke Tendler to strand the bases loaded.
With the Gavel
Harrisburg had just five hits, after pounding out 14 Friday night. The Sens went 1-for-3 with runners in scoring position and stranded eight runners.
Nick Banks had two hits and scored a run.
Adrian Sanchez singled extending his hit streak with the Senators to 14 games.
- The Senators need a win Sunday to gain a split in the four-game series.
- The teams traded two runs in the seventh with both teams scoring their second run on pitches that got away from the catcher.
The Senators play the Portland Sea Dogs in game four of a four game series Sunday at FNB Field at 1 p.m. The game can be heard on CBS Sports Radio Harrisburg 96.5FM 95.3FM and 1400AM beginning at 12:55 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 20, 2019
- Ponies Hit Six Homers to Power Past Ducks - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Thunder Rally Late to Beat Yard Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- McKenna Lands Walk-Off Hit for Baysox in Extras - Altoona Curve
- McKenna Walks off Curve, 7-6, in Extras - Bowie Baysox
- Pony Power Pops RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
- Holder, Wagner Lead Thunder to Win over Goats - Trenton Thunder
- Homers Don't Help Fightins in 9-4 Loss - Reading Fightin Phils
- Early Lead Slips Away on Saturday Night - Erie SeaWolves
- Senators Fall after Ninth Inning Letdown - Harrisburg Senators
- 'Dogs with Two in the Ninth to Win 4-2 at Harrisburg - Portland Sea Dogs
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs. Portland - Harrisburg Senators
- Erie SeaWolves at Richmond Flying Squirrels - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Sea Dogs Game Notes July 20th at Harrisburg - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: #96 Rumble Ponies (13-17) at Akron RubberDucks (9-20) - 7:05PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
Other Recent Harrisburg Senators Stories
- Senators Eliminated with 12-5 Loss
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup vs. Bowie - Game 4 WDCS
- Early Deficit too Much for Senators to Overcome
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs Bowie, Game 3, WDCS
- Senators Knot Series in 12