Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs. Portland
Harrisburg Senators (10-17) vs. Portland Sea Dogs (13-16)
RH Bryan Bonnell (1-1, 0.87) vs. LH Daniel McGrath (2-0, 1.80)
Game 98 - 2nd Half Game 28 - Saturday, July 20 @ 6:00 p.m. - FNB Field
Tonight's Senators starting lineup:
Michael A. Taylor, DH
Luis Garcia, SS
Adrian Sanchez, 2B
Drew Ward, 3B
Dante Bichette Jr., 1B
Tres Barrera, C
Nick Banks, RF
Hunter Jones, CF
Rafael Bautista, LF
Bryan Bonnell, SP
The Senators turned a 5-1 deficit into an 8-5 win over the Portland Sea Dogs with a strong offense and solid bullpen work. Portland took a 5-1 lead into the bottom of the third when the Sens scored twice to cut into the Dogs lead. The Sens pushed five runs across the plate in the sixth thanks to four consecutive run scoring hits. The Sens bullpen retired 12 of the 14 batters they faced as the Sens evened the series with the win.
The Senators and Portland Sea Dogs play game three of a four-game series tonight at FNB Field. It's the only meeting of the season between the teams at FNB Field. They play again next weekend at Hadlock Field in Portland.
Tonight's Senators starting pitcher is Bryan Bonnell. Bonnell is 25-years-old and is making his fourth career start and his first since 2017 with Modesto. His longest outing with the Sens this season has been 2 innings and he hasn't thrown more than 29 pitches in a game this year. He's 1-1 with a 0.87 ERA in 14 outings with Harrisburg. At FNB Field he's 1-0 with a 1.69 ERA. He's had 13 consecutive scoreless outings with the Sens.
The Sea Dogs are the AA affiliate of the Boston Red Sox. They're 40-56 overall this season. In July they're 10-8, hitting .236 with 12 HR and 84 Runs with a 3.20 ERA.
Portland has eight MLB.com Top 30 prospects on their active roster. They've used 54 players this season. The Sea Dogs have 19 players originally signed or drafted by the Red Sox and 9 AA rookies.
The Sens head to New Hampshire after the game Sunday for their only visit to New Hampshire and Portland. They play a three-game series at New Hampshire with games Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights at 7:05 p.m.
The Sens are in a stretch of 14 straight games against AL opponents.
The Sens have 70 scheduled games in the 2nd half with 45 of them against divisional opponents. The DH will be used in 38 of the 70 games including a stretch of 28 of 36 games to begin the 2nd half. After this series with Portland, the Sens remaining home opponents are Richmond, Altoona (2x), Hartford and Erie.
July 7-9, .241 6 HR 66 Runs and a 4.29 ERA. June 11-16, .243 12 HR 97 Runs and a 3.21 ERA. May 13-16, .224 17 HR 103 Runs and a 4.03 ERA. April 21-4, .250 28 HR 110 Runs and a 2.66 ERA.
SENATORS 2019 ALL-STARS
C Tres Barrera (0-1, r), INF Ian Sagdal (1-1, bb), OF Rhett Wiseman (1-2, 2b rbi, r) and RHP Aaron Barrett (0.2, 2bb, k) all played in the EL All-Star game July 10 in Richmond.
Harrisburg has used 50 players this season. Of the 25 active players, there are 17 that were originally drafted or signed by the Nats, 9 AA rookies, 8 players with big league experience and 20 that were in the Nats organization last year. There are also 6 players that have been on the Sens active roster all season.
7/18 - RHP Brady Dragmire released by the Washington Nationals and LHP Aaron Fletcher assigned to Harrisburg from Potomac.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 20, 2019
- Ponies Hit Six Homers to Power Past Ducks - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Thunder Rally Late to Beat Yard Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- McKenna Lands Walk-Off Hit for Baysox in Extras - Altoona Curve
- McKenna Walks off Curve, 7-6, in Extras - Bowie Baysox
- Pony Power Pops RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
- Holder, Wagner Lead Thunder to Win over Goats - Trenton Thunder
- Homers Don't Help Fightins in 9-4 Loss - Reading Fightin Phils
- Early Lead Slips Away on Saturday Night - Erie SeaWolves
- Senators Fall after Ninth Inning Letdown - Harrisburg Senators
- 'Dogs with Two in the Ninth to Win 4-2 at Harrisburg - Portland Sea Dogs
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs. Portland - Harrisburg Senators
- Erie SeaWolves at Richmond Flying Squirrels - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Sea Dogs Game Notes July 20th at Harrisburg - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: #96 Rumble Ponies (13-17) at Akron RubberDucks (9-20) - 7:05PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.