'Dogs Get Even with a 6-1 Win over Altoona
Altoona, PA - The Altoona Curve (32-31) scored four times in the fifth inning and held on to beat the Portland Sea Dogs (22-40), 5-2, Thursday night at Peoples Natural Gas Field. Altoona clinched the series win, taking two of three from Portland.
Curve right-hander James Marvel (6-5) worked seven strong innings on just three hits and two runs to earn the win. 'Dogs left-hander Matthew Kent (1-2) took the loss, giving up four runs (three earned) over 4.2 innings pitched.
Portland jumped in front 2-0 in the fourth inning, scoring both runs with two outs. Bobby Dalbec started the rally by being hit by a pitch, and Joey Curletta walked. Brett Netzer nailed a run-scoring double, and Tate Matheny added an RBI single.
Altoona scored four off Kent in the fifth inning, all with two outs. Jared Oliva drew a bases-loaded to put the Curve on the board. Mitch Tollman tied the game with an infield single, but an error by the SS enabled a second run to score. Bralin Jackson added the final run with a single. The Curve scored their fifth run on a double from Arden Pabst in the eighth.
The Curve bullpen wrapped up the win, as Blake Weiman pitched a perfect eighth and Matt Eckelman hurled a 1-2-3 ninth inning for his eighth save of the season.
Portland continues their nine-game trip on Friday night against the Akron RubberDucks (Indians affiliate) from Canal Park. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 PM. Radio coverage on the WPEI U.S. Cellular Sea Dogs Radio Network begins at 6:50 PM. The game is available on the tune-in app and MiLB.TV.
Tickets for any game at Hadlock Field are available at 207-879-9500 or seadogs.com. Book your nine inning vacation today!
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 13, 2019
- SeaWolves Drop Series Finale in Reading - Erie SeaWolves
- Marvel Pitches Curve to Third Straight Series Win - Altoona Curve
- 'Dogs Get Even with a 6-1 Win over Altoona - Portland Sea Dogs
- SeaWolves Return to UPMC Park on Friday Night - Erie SeaWolves
- RubberDucks Score Three in Fifth to Secure Sweep - Akron RubberDucks
- Ducks Scuttle Goats for Series Sweep - Hartford Yard Goats
- Ponies Drop Rubber Game to Thunder in Seven - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Thunder Earn Rain-Shortened Win over Binghamton, 4-1 - Trenton Thunder
- Erie SeaWolves at Reading Fightin Phils - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup at Richmond - Harrisburg Senators
- Flying Squirrels Announce All-Star Week Event Times, Additional Celebrity Home Run Derby Participants - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Rumble Ponies (33-26) vs. Trenton Thunder (35-25) - 6:35PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 13th at Altoona Curve - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Sea Dogs Stories
- Sea Dogs Rank in Top 25 MiLB Merchandise Sales
- Sea Dogs Add a Third Weekend for Dining on the Diamond
- Sea Dogs Add Dates for Dining on the Diamond at Hadlock Field
- Sea Dogs Set to Host Dining on the Diamond
- Sea Dogs to Open Hadlinks Golf Club for Additional Dates