Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup at Richmond
Harrisburg Senators (39-25) vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels (23-39)
RH Wil Crowe (5-5, 3.76) vs. RH Brandon Lawson (2-2, 4.39)
Game 65 - Thursday, June 13 @ 6:35 p.m. - The Diamond
Senators starting lineup:
Hunter Jones, CF
Luis Garcia, SS
Austin Davidson, 1B
Ian Sagdal, 3B
Spencer Kieboom, C
Rhett Wiseman, RF
Luis Sardinas, 2B
Tyler Goeddel, LF
Wil Crowe, P
Two Senators pitchers combined to toss nine no-hit innings but the Sens failed to score and dropped a 10-inning contest to Richmond 1-0. Even with the loss, the Senators clinched the first half western division championship by virtue of Altoona's loss to Portland. Ben Braymer tossed 8 no-hit frames and retired the final 20 batters he faced. Richmond scored the game's only run on a one-out single in the 10th inning.
The Senators and Richmond Flying Squirrels play the final game of their three-game series tonight at The Diamond in Richmond. The teams have split the first two games of the series. The teams face each other five times this season with two in Richmond and three series at FNB Field.
The Senators are in a stretch of 30 of 33 games against divisional opponents. They're 1-1 in the stretch.
The Senators are 5-13 since May 1st on the road. With a win tonight, they win their first road series since mid-April.
Despite their 1-0 loss last night, the Senators clinched a playoff spot by virtue of Altoona falling to Portland.
On the mound for the Senators is RH Wil Crowe. Wil made the opening night start for the Senators at Bowie. He's making his 18th career start for the Sens. For more info on Crowe, please see his pitchers page.
Richmond sends RH Brandon Lawson to the hill tonight. The 24-year-old Festus, MO native is making his 10th start this season for Richmond. He's 2-2 with a 4.39 ERA. Originally a 12th round selection by Tampa Bay in the 2016 draft, he was signed by the Giants 4/23/2019 after being released by Tampa Bay 4/23/2019.
They're 23-39 and in last place in the Western Division, trailing Harrisburg by 15.0 games.
Richmond is 5-5 in their past 10 games and 10-21 at home. Their home record is the worst in the league.
In June they're 5-7 and hitting .200 with 5HR and 46 Runs in 12 games. On the hill they have a 3.42 ERA.
Richmond has four MLB.com Top 30 prospects on their active roster. They're led by #15 RHP Melvin Adon.
Richmond has 7 players appearing in AA for the first time and two of those seven spent time in AAA last season.
SENATORS ROSTER MAKEUP
The Sens have used 42 players this season. They've averaged using 55 players per season for the past 10 seasons. The roster has evolved from having 11 Double-A rookies to start the season to now there are 10 on the active roster. There are 15 players that have played in the Nats organization their entire career and 6 players with big league experience. Of the 25 active players, 18 were in the Nats organization last year.
Harrisburg is 5-5 in a stretch of 15 straight NL games with only 6 of the 15 at home.
The Sens monthly: June 5-5, .274 8HR 46RS and a 3.54 ERA. May 13-16, .224 17HR 103r and a 4.03 ERA. April 21-4, .250 28HR 110r and a 2.66 ERA.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 13, 2019
- SeaWolves Drop Series Finale in Reading - Erie SeaWolves
- Marvel Pitches Curve to Third Straight Series Win - Altoona Curve
- 'Dogs Get Even with a 6-1 Win over Altoona - Portland Sea Dogs
- SeaWolves Return to UPMC Park on Friday Night - Erie SeaWolves
- RubberDucks Score Three in Fifth to Secure Sweep - Akron RubberDucks
- Ducks Scuttle Goats for Series Sweep - Hartford Yard Goats
- Ponies Drop Rubber Game to Thunder in Seven - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Thunder Earn Rain-Shortened Win over Binghamton, 4-1 - Trenton Thunder
- Erie SeaWolves at Reading Fightin Phils - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup at Richmond - Harrisburg Senators
- Flying Squirrels Announce All-Star Week Event Times, Additional Celebrity Home Run Derby Participants - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Rumble Ponies (33-26) vs. Trenton Thunder (35-25) - 6:35PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 13th at Altoona Curve - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Harrisburg Senators Stories
- Senators Eliminated with 12-5 Loss
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup vs. Bowie - Game 4 WDCS
- Early Deficit too Much for Senators to Overcome
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs Bowie, Game 3, WDCS
- Senators Knot Series in 12