Danielson Fills the Hat in Lethbridge
Lethbridge, AB - Nate Danielson (3G) and Ridly Greig (3A) combined for six points as the Brandon Wheat Kings beat the Lethbridge Hurricanes 5-2 on Friday night.
Danielson's first career hat-trick continues his dominance over the 'Canes this season. In three games, the Red Deer, AB native has four goals and five points.
Despite the offensive outburst, the win didn't come easily for the Wheat Kings.
"This was a hard game tonight," said Head Coach Don MacGillivray. "We found a way to get the job done. We had a lot of guys going... doing little things that don't show up on the scoresheet."
Brandon won the special teams battle, scoring once on the powerplay, once shorthanded, and killing all four Hurricane powerplays.
Trae Johnson bookended the scoring, for his first career two-goal game.
"It's tough to win on the road," added MacGillivray. "We've done a good job here this week. We have put three wins in the bank but have a tough matchup tomorrow night. Swift Current has played us hard all year and we're going to need a big effort to go home with that fourth win."
Ethan Kruger picked up his third consecutive victory, stopping 27 of the 29 shots that came his way.
The win moves Brandon to within one point of the Saskatoon Blades for 5th place in the WHL's Eastern Conference, heading into the road trip finale on Saturday night.
You can catch all the action on Bounce 96.1 and the iHeartRadio App, starting with the pre-game show at 6:45 MB time.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2022
- Chiefs Continue Weekend Road Trip against Tri-City - Spokane Chiefs
- Game Day Hub: February 19 vs Seattle - Portland Winterhawks
- Preview: Rivalry Match up Between Americans and Chiefs - Tri-City Americans
- Gameday Preview - February 19 vs Lethbridge - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Game 42 - ICE at Red Deer - Winnipeg Ice
- Road Trip Ends Tonight in Speedy Creek - Brandon Wheat Kings
- GAME #46 Preview: Blades at Oil Kings - Saskatoon Blades
- Americans Fall 6-2 at Home to Winterhawks - Tri-City Americans
- Silvertips Pick up 4-1 Victory in Kamloops - Everett Silvertips
- T-Birds Slide Past Spokane - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Royals Defeat Giants to Continue Playoff Push - Victoria Royals
- Bains Leads the Way with Four Points as Rebels Down Blades - Red Deer Rebels
- Danielson Fills the Hat in Lethbridge - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Ward's Hat Trick Leads Broncos over Tigers - Swift Current Broncos
- Road Doesn't Slow ICE - Winnipeg Ice
- Rockets Hold off Cougars - Prince George Cougars
- Tigers Battle Broncos - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Rockets Win at Prince George - Kelowna Rockets
- Fromm-Delorme Posts Hat Trick as Hawks Net Five Unanswered in 6-2 Win - Portland Winterhawks
- Chiefs Fall 3-1 on the Road to Seattle Thunderbirds - Spokane Chiefs
- Raiders Fall in Overtime to Pats - Prince Albert Raiders
- Lisowsky Nets a Pair, Blades Fall in Red Deer - Saskatoon Blades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.