Dallas Stars Recall Defenseman Joel Hanley
FRISCO, Texas - Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the club has recalled defenseman Joel Hanley from the Texas Stars, Dallas' top development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL). Hanley joins Dillon Heatherington and Denis Gurianov in Dallas and is the fourth Texas player recalled this season.
Hanley, 27, currently shares first among Texas defensemen with four assists and ranks second with five points (1-4=5) in 11 games so far this season. The defenseman also shares first among all Texas skaters with a +3 plus/minus rating in 2018-19.
The 5-foot-10, 190-pound native of Keswick, Ontario was originally undrafted and signed with Dallas as a free agent on July 1, 2018. Hanley has appeared in 22 career NHL regular-season contests with Montreal and Arizona, recording six assists (0-6=6) and four penalty minutes.
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars, return home on Friday, Nov. 10 at 7 p.m. to battle the San Antonio Rampage at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park for the first time this year. Full-season, 24-game and 12-game ticket packages for the 2018-19 campaign are on sale now. For more information, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2018
- Amerks Move Atop AHL Standings with 3-2 Overtime Win over Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Penned in by Hogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Breakaway City: Phantoms Blow Past Springfield 8-2 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Utica Rallies to Down Pack in Shootout - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Fitzgerald's OT Game-Winner Leads Providence to 2-1 Win - Providence Bruins
- Comets Complete Comeback with Thrilling Shootout Win over Hartford - Utica Comets
- Crunch Force Overtime, Fall to Amerks, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Logan Shaw Released - San Diego Gulls
- Devils Take Down Checkers, 4-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Penguins Lose to P-Bruins in OT, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Batherson Has Six Points in Senators Win - Belleville Senators
- Devils Rally, Hand Checkers First Road Loss of Season - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms' Second Period Surge Downs T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Downed by Rocket, 5-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Carrick and Welinski to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Game #12 Preview: Tucson vs. San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Back in Action for Battle of Ontario in Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Stars Recognize Armed Forces Saturday for Military Appreciation Night - Texas Stars
- Give the Gift of Hockey with Amerks Holiday Packs - Rochester Americans
- Burgdoerfer Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Heat Host Reign for Fry Day at 7PM - Stockton Heat
- Dallas Stars Recall Defenseman Joel Hanley - Texas Stars
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Matthew Spencer to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Cleveland Monsters and Ohio CAT to Host Coast Guard Hockey Game Saturday Afternoon at the Q - Cleveland Monsters
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Marlies, November 9 - Belleville Senators
- Capitals Recall Aaron Ness and Jonas Siegenthaler - Hershey Bears
- Griffins Continue Point Streak with 4-1 Win over Manitoba - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Despite Comrie's Effort, Moose Fall to Grand Rapids - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Stars Stories
- Dallas Stars Recall Center Roope Hintz and Defenseman Ben Gleason from Texas
- Stars Soar over IceHogs with Four-Goal Third Period
- Dallas Stars Recall Defenseman Gavin Bayreuther
- Texas Stars Loan Elgin Pearce to Idaho
- Dallas Stars Reassign Defenseman Ben Gleason to Texas