Marlies Back in Action for Battle of Ontario in Belleville
The Toronto Marlies are back in action after a week-long break Friday night in Belleville as the next chapter of the Battle of Ontario begins this season.
The Marlies (4-4-0-2) enter play having earned at least a point in five consecutive games coming off a 7-6 shootout win in Cleveland last Friday.
Belleville (5-7-0-0) are on a two-game losing streak, suffering a 6-1 loss to Syracuse in their last outing. The Senators are 3-3-0-0 at home this year while the Marlies are 1-1-0-2 on the road.
Trevor Moore is off to a flying start for the Marlies, recording 8 goals and 11 points in 10 games this season. Three players are tied for second in team scoring with 9 points: Sam Gagner (5G, 4A), Carl Grundstrom (3G, 6A) and Chris Mueller (3G, 6A).
Rookie Drake Batherson is leading the Senators with 13 points (5G, 8A) while Rudolfs Balcers (4G, 5A) and Adam Tambellini (5G, 3A) are supporting the Senators scoring.
When the puck drops tonight, both teams will be looking to improve their performance on the penalty kill - and alternatively, look to score on the power play - as the Marlies enter play with a 78.9% success rate on the PK and Belleville are at 77.8%.
Though the two sides have yet to face each other this season, the Marlies went 9-3-0-0 against the Senators last season.
Puck drop is set for 7:00 and fans can catch all the action on AHLTV and Facebook Watch.
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates and behind-the-scenes access from the CAA Centre.
Head to Head (2018-19 Regular Season)
4-4-0-2 Overall Record 5-7-0-0
0-0-0-0 Head To Head 0-0-0-0
SOL 1 Streak Loss 2
41 Goals For 35
43 Goals Against 38
19.0% Power Play Percentage 21.8%
78.9% Penalty Kill Percentage 77.8%
T. Moore (8) Leading Goal Scorer D. Batherson, A. Tambellini (5)
T. Moore (11) Leading Points Scorer D. Batherson (13)
J. Glass (3) Wins Leader M. McKenna (3)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2018
- Amerks Move Atop AHL Standings with 3-2 Overtime Win over Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Penned in by Hogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Breakaway City: Phantoms Blow Past Springfield 8-2 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Utica Rallies to Down Pack in Shootout - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Fitzgerald's OT Game-Winner Leads Providence to 2-1 Win - Providence Bruins
- Comets Complete Comeback with Thrilling Shootout Win over Hartford - Utica Comets
- Crunch Force Overtime, Fall to Amerks, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Logan Shaw Released - San Diego Gulls
- Devils Take Down Checkers, 4-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Penguins Lose to P-Bruins in OT, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Batherson Has Six Points in Senators Win - Belleville Senators
- Devils Rally, Hand Checkers First Road Loss of Season - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms' Second Period Surge Downs T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Downed by Rocket, 5-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Carrick and Welinski to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Game #12 Preview: Tucson vs. San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Back in Action for Battle of Ontario in Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Stars Recognize Armed Forces Saturday for Military Appreciation Night - Texas Stars
- Give the Gift of Hockey with Amerks Holiday Packs - Rochester Americans
- Burgdoerfer Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Heat Host Reign for Fry Day at 7PM - Stockton Heat
- Dallas Stars Recall Defenseman Joel Hanley - Texas Stars
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Matthew Spencer to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Cleveland Monsters and Ohio CAT to Host Coast Guard Hockey Game Saturday Afternoon at the Q - Cleveland Monsters
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Marlies, November 9 - Belleville Senators
- Capitals Recall Aaron Ness and Jonas Siegenthaler - Hershey Bears
- Griffins Continue Point Streak with 4-1 Win over Manitoba - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Despite Comrie's Effort, Moose Fall to Grand Rapids - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.