Crunch Force Overtime, Fall to Amerks, 3-2
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - Cory Conacher scored with just .6 seconds remaining in the game to send the Syracuse Crunch into overtime, but the Rochester Americans eventually took the win, 3-2, tonight at the Blue Cross Arena.
The last second goal gave the Crunch a point as they move to 4-5-1-0 on the season and 0-1-1-0 in the 12-game season series against the Amerks.
Goaltender Eddie Pasquale stopped 22-of-25 shots, while Adam Wilcox earned the win for the Amerks with 30 saves. Syracuse was unable to convert on five power play opportunities, but went a perfect 4-for-4 on the penalty kill.
After a scoreless first period, Rochester opened scoring halfway through the middle stanza. The Amerks capitalized on a turnover in the neutral zone and got the puck to Justin Bailey who rushed down the left wing side to get past the Crunch defenders. He cut across the crease and jammed the puck between the post and Pasquale's skate as the netminder slid over to try to close the gap. Assists went to Danny O'Regan and Lawrence Pilut.
The Crunch tied the game less than two minutes into the third period. Ross Colton chased the puck down into the left corner and sent a centering pass for Taylor Raddysh to sneak past Wilcox five-hole. Carter Verhaeghe collected the secondary helper.
Rochester went back on top at the 7:05 mark when Andrew Oglevie scored as he crashed the net with the help of Alexander Nylander and Taylor Fedun.
Conacher sent the game into over with less than one second remaining. He ripped a one-timer from the bottom of the right circle off a feed from Alexander Volkov. Erik Cernak earned a point on the equalizer.
Rochester took the win two minutes into the overtime frame when Zach Redmond ripped a slap shot from the left circle off a pass from Nylander.
The Crunch return to the War Memorial Arena to host the Hershey Bears on Sunday at 5 p.m.
Single game tickets and packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
Crunchables: Taylor Raddysh is on a five-game points streak (4g, 2a)...Carter Verhaeghe is on a four-game points streak (2g, 4a).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2018
- Amerks Move Atop AHL Standings with 3-2 Overtime Win over Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Penned in by Hogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Breakaway City: Phantoms Blow Past Springfield 8-2 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Utica Rallies to Down Pack in Shootout - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Fitzgerald's OT Game-Winner Leads Providence to 2-1 Win - Providence Bruins
- Comets Complete Comeback with Thrilling Shootout Win over Hartford - Utica Comets
- Crunch Force Overtime, Fall to Amerks, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Logan Shaw Released - San Diego Gulls
- Devils Take Down Checkers, 4-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Penguins Lose to P-Bruins in OT, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Batherson Has Six Points in Senators Win - Belleville Senators
- Devils Rally, Hand Checkers First Road Loss of Season - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms' Second Period Surge Downs T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Downed by Rocket, 5-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Carrick and Welinski to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Game #12 Preview: Tucson vs. San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Back in Action for Battle of Ontario in Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Stars Recognize Armed Forces Saturday for Military Appreciation Night - Texas Stars
- Give the Gift of Hockey with Amerks Holiday Packs - Rochester Americans
- Burgdoerfer Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Heat Host Reign for Fry Day at 7PM - Stockton Heat
- Dallas Stars Recall Defenseman Joel Hanley - Texas Stars
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Matthew Spencer to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Cleveland Monsters and Ohio CAT to Host Coast Guard Hockey Game Saturday Afternoon at the Q - Cleveland Monsters
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Marlies, November 9 - Belleville Senators
- Capitals Recall Aaron Ness and Jonas Siegenthaler - Hershey Bears
- Griffins Continue Point Streak with 4-1 Win over Manitoba - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Despite Comrie's Effort, Moose Fall to Grand Rapids - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.