Heat Host Reign for Fry Day at 7PM
Friday, November 9, 2018
Arena: Stockton Arena
Date: FRY DAY, November 9, 2018
Time: 7:00 p.m. PST (Doors @ 6:00 p.m.)
Broadcast: Spreaker, iHeartRadio & AHLTV at 6:45 p.m.
For the live, in-game tweets, follow @AHLHeat. Stay tuned at the end of the game for the Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game with your chance to win an autographed puck from Alan Quine.
It's Fry Day presented by Golden State Restaurant Group McDonald's where fans can eat at participating McDonald's locations and bring their receipt to the Stockton Arena Ticket Office for a buy one, get one free ticket offer. Plus, we'll be debuting our new "Chuck-A-Patty" game during the second intermission where fans will chuck McDonald's burgers onto the ice to try and win McDonalds swag and the grand prize of $100.
We're also kicking off our season of giving back by offering fans a chance to earn a free ticket to the game tonight by donating five canned food items to the Ticket Office. Next Friday, fans will have a chance to donate new or gently used coats for a chance to earn a free ticket and on December 7, fans can earn a free ticket by donating a new toy to our Toy Drive. Lastly, fans can participate in the Angel Tree Drive presented by ABC10, where fans can grab a tag later this month and into December and when they turn in their completed tag, will receive a free ticket to the New Year's Eve game as a reward!
Of course, you can watch all the action on AHLTV all season long and be sure to download the new Stockton Heat App and check out the VipR camera as well for a unique and interactive experience! Be sure to use the Stockton Heat App in game to vote for the hardest working player and check in from your seats to win.
Or, you can head over to Channel Brewing Co. in Downtown Stockton as the brew pub will be serving up delicious craft beer and pizzas with the Heat on their TV's at 110 N. San Joaquin Street!
WHO TO WATCH
We may have picked him last game, but we're going to keep the pick rolling into tonight's game against the Ontario Reign.
Graovac is off to a great start this year with 10 points in 11 games to start the season, and he's been that consistent force for the Stockton Heat at both ends of the ice. In two games against the Ontario Reign this season, Graovac leads the team in points with four against their SoCal rival, including his first three-point night of the season the last time these teams met and the game winning goal in overtime when the centerman went coast-to-coast for the goal.
Look for number 44 to have to continue his strong play tonight for the Heat to be able to cool off the Reign.
MANGIAPANE OFF TO A GREAT START
It's been a great start to the season for Heat winger Andrew Mangiapane! From October 12 through October 27, Mangiapane had points in seven-straight games including his team-leading four multi-point efforts in that span.
He recorded his 50th AHL assist during that stretch and is now just a point away from recording his 100th AHL point and just 4 goals from his 50th AHL goal.
LAZAR WITH THE MULTI-POINT GAME
After being shutout last Saturday, Curtis Lazar got back on the scoresheet with his third multi-point game of the season, assisting on Kerby Rychel's power-play goal in the first and on Mangiapane's 99thAHL point in the third.
Lazar leads the Heat as 6 of his 8 points have come on the power play. The centerman is fourth on the team in points despite playing one less game than Mangiapane, Tyler Graovac and Kerby Rychel, who lead the team with 12, 10 and 9 points respectively.
GRINDING THEM DOWN
In all four of the Heat's wins this year, the team has won close games, having gone 4-0-1-0 in games decided by one goal. Stockton beat Ontario in overtime on 10/12, held on to beat SJ on 10/21, took a shootout win in San Diego on 10.26 and beat the Bakersfield Condors on home ice on 10/30.
The lone blemish in close games came against the Reign to open the home portion of the schedule in an overtime loss.
STICK IT TO CANCER
With this month being Hockey Fights Cancer and the Heat have played their signature cancer event, Stick it To Cancer on November 3. After the game as jerseys were being auctioned off to the fans, the players on the Stockton Heat elected to chip in and bid on Adam Ollas Mattsson's jersey, who tragically lost his mother to cancer six years ago.
Ollas Mattsson also was able to wear the "A" on his chest during the team's cancer game, his first time serving as an alternate captain for the Heat.
With 20 Friday games scheduled this season for the Heat both home and away, the Heat, through the first three, are 2-1-0-0, having lost on opening night of the season but winning their last two Friday game nights with the Ontario Reign back on October 12 and the San Diego Gulls on October 26.
Both of those wins came in extra time with the Heat beating Ontario in overtime thanks to Tyler Graovac and then beating San Diego in the 14-round shootout thanks to goalie Jon Gillies and defenseman Matt Taormina.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2018
- Amerks Move Atop AHL Standings with 3-2 Overtime Win over Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Penned in by Hogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Breakaway City: Phantoms Blow Past Springfield 8-2 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Utica Rallies to Down Pack in Shootout - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Fitzgerald's OT Game-Winner Leads Providence to 2-1 Win - Providence Bruins
- Comets Complete Comeback with Thrilling Shootout Win over Hartford - Utica Comets
- Crunch Force Overtime, Fall to Amerks, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Logan Shaw Released - San Diego Gulls
- Devils Take Down Checkers, 4-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Penguins Lose to P-Bruins in OT, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Batherson Has Six Points in Senators Win - Belleville Senators
- Devils Rally, Hand Checkers First Road Loss of Season - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms' Second Period Surge Downs T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Downed by Rocket, 5-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Carrick and Welinski to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Game #12 Preview: Tucson vs. San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Back in Action for Battle of Ontario in Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Stars Recognize Armed Forces Saturday for Military Appreciation Night - Texas Stars
- Give the Gift of Hockey with Amerks Holiday Packs - Rochester Americans
- Burgdoerfer Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Heat Host Reign for Fry Day at 7PM - Stockton Heat
- Dallas Stars Recall Defenseman Joel Hanley - Texas Stars
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Matthew Spencer to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Cleveland Monsters and Ohio CAT to Host Coast Guard Hockey Game Saturday Afternoon at the Q - Cleveland Monsters
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Marlies, November 9 - Belleville Senators
- Capitals Recall Aaron Ness and Jonas Siegenthaler - Hershey Bears
- Griffins Continue Point Streak with 4-1 Win over Manitoba - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Despite Comrie's Effort, Moose Fall to Grand Rapids - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.