Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Marlies, November 9
The Belleville Senators will look to get back to winning ways Friday as they welcome the Toronto Marlies to CAA Arena for the first time this season for back-to-back games.
Belleville (5-7-0-0) is mired in a two-game losing streak after defeat in Syracuse last weekend but will be looking to get back to winning ways in the Battle of Ontario.
The Sens remain ranked in the Top 10 (seventh) on the power play in the AHL's Eastern Conference.
Toronto (4-4-0-2) enters tonight's contest without a regulation defeat in their past five games and sit sixth in the North Division, one spot above Belleville.
The Marlies have leaked goals this season giving up 43 already through just 10 games. Toronto is also the least penalized team in the league this season amassing just 93 penalty minutes thus far.
The Senators had some good news in Syracuse as forward Andrew Sturtz returned to the line-up after missing nine games. Jack Rodewald was also returned to Belleville Thursday as looks set to re-join the line-up tonight.
Mike Condon was finally assigned to Belleville earlier in the week after being placed on waivers. Sens head coach Troy Mann has yet to reveal his goaltending plans for the weekend but expect Condon to start one, if not both, games against the Marlies.
Friday is the first meeting of the season between the two Ontario teams. Last season, Belleville won just three of the 12 contests and just one of those victories came at home. The two teams will square off 12 times again this season.
Who to watch
Sens forward Paul Carey has points in five straight games which ties Filip Chlapik's franchise record set last season. All five points for Carey have been assists after he was held pointless in his first game of the season with Belleville.
A veteran of 770 NHL games, Sam Gagner still continues to play for the Marlies on loan from Vancouver. The 29-year-old has nine points (five goals) in 10 games with Toronto this season.
Where to watch
Saturday's game starts at 7:00pm and can be seen on AHLTV and also on Facebook Watch. Fans can also watch tonight's contest at Shoeless Joe's in Belleville.
The radio broadcast on CJBQ 800 begins at 6:50pm with Jack Miller on the call and Paul Svoboda on colour.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2018
- Amerks Move Atop AHL Standings with 3-2 Overtime Win over Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Penned in by Hogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Breakaway City: Phantoms Blow Past Springfield 8-2 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Utica Rallies to Down Pack in Shootout - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Fitzgerald's OT Game-Winner Leads Providence to 2-1 Win - Providence Bruins
- Comets Complete Comeback with Thrilling Shootout Win over Hartford - Utica Comets
- Crunch Force Overtime, Fall to Amerks, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Logan Shaw Released - San Diego Gulls
- Devils Take Down Checkers, 4-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Penguins Lose to P-Bruins in OT, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Batherson Has Six Points in Senators Win - Belleville Senators
- Devils Rally, Hand Checkers First Road Loss of Season - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms' Second Period Surge Downs T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Downed by Rocket, 5-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Carrick and Welinski to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Game #12 Preview: Tucson vs. San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Back in Action for Battle of Ontario in Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Stars Recognize Armed Forces Saturday for Military Appreciation Night - Texas Stars
- Give the Gift of Hockey with Amerks Holiday Packs - Rochester Americans
- Burgdoerfer Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Heat Host Reign for Fry Day at 7PM - Stockton Heat
- Dallas Stars Recall Defenseman Joel Hanley - Texas Stars
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Matthew Spencer to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Cleveland Monsters and Ohio CAT to Host Coast Guard Hockey Game Saturday Afternoon at the Q - Cleveland Monsters
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Marlies, November 9 - Belleville Senators
- Capitals Recall Aaron Ness and Jonas Siegenthaler - Hershey Bears
- Griffins Continue Point Streak with 4-1 Win over Manitoba - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Despite Comrie's Effort, Moose Fall to Grand Rapids - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.