Cleveland Monsters and Ohio CAT to Host Coast Guard Hockey Game Saturday Afternoon at the Q
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Monsters and Ohio CAT are teaming up to host the Coast Guard for a hockey game on Saturday afternoon at The Q, prior to the Monsters dropping the puck with Laval Rocket for "Salute to Service" Night at 7:00 pm.
As part of this special event, Ohio CAT is donating $5,000 to the Coast Guard Hockey Organization as well as ice time to help facilitate the contest being played by Coast Guard members who are making the trip to Cleveland from not only around the state of Ohio but from surrounding states Michigan and Pennsylvania as well.
Following the game, active and retired service members will be presented special Challenge Coins from the Monsters & Ohio CAT.
Fans with a ticket to Saturday night's Monsters 'Salute to Service' game are welcome to take in the Coast Guard game from 1:15 pm-2:15 pm. Any fan who presents their Military ID or Military Dependent ID can receive a free ticket at The Q Box Office.
Since 2015, the Coast Guard Hockey Organization has put sticks in the hands of over 400 members of the Coast Guard family through their coordination of and participation in over 60 events. Most importantly, the organization has helped raise over $600,000 for numerous national and local charities including the Coast Guard Enlisted Memorial Foundation, the Coast Guard Foundation's Fallen Heroes Fund, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, and the Burn Unit at the Boston Shriner's Children's Hospital.
WHAT: Coast Guard Hockey Game at The Q
WHEN: Saturday, November 10th
1:15 - 2:15 pm
WHERE: Quicken Loans Arena
One Center Ice
Cleveland, OH 44115
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2018
- Amerks Move Atop AHL Standings with 3-2 Overtime Win over Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Penned in by Hogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Breakaway City: Phantoms Blow Past Springfield 8-2 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Utica Rallies to Down Pack in Shootout - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Fitzgerald's OT Game-Winner Leads Providence to 2-1 Win - Providence Bruins
- Comets Complete Comeback with Thrilling Shootout Win over Hartford - Utica Comets
- Crunch Force Overtime, Fall to Amerks, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Logan Shaw Released - San Diego Gulls
- Devils Take Down Checkers, 4-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Penguins Lose to P-Bruins in OT, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Batherson Has Six Points in Senators Win - Belleville Senators
- Devils Rally, Hand Checkers First Road Loss of Season - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms' Second Period Surge Downs T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Downed by Rocket, 5-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Carrick and Welinski to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Game #12 Preview: Tucson vs. San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Back in Action for Battle of Ontario in Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Stars Recognize Armed Forces Saturday for Military Appreciation Night - Texas Stars
- Give the Gift of Hockey with Amerks Holiday Packs - Rochester Americans
- Burgdoerfer Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Heat Host Reign for Fry Day at 7PM - Stockton Heat
- Dallas Stars Recall Defenseman Joel Hanley - Texas Stars
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Matthew Spencer to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Cleveland Monsters and Ohio CAT to Host Coast Guard Hockey Game Saturday Afternoon at the Q - Cleveland Monsters
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Marlies, November 9 - Belleville Senators
- Capitals Recall Aaron Ness and Jonas Siegenthaler - Hershey Bears
- Griffins Continue Point Streak with 4-1 Win over Manitoba - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Despite Comrie's Effort, Moose Fall to Grand Rapids - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Top Crunch 5-3, Grab 1-0 Lead in North Division Semi-Final
- Blue Jackets Reassign Liam Foudy to Monsters from OHL's London Knights
- Blue Jackets Assign Center Zac Dalpe to Monsters
- Monsters Sign Goaltender Jeff Smith to Professional Tryout Contract
- Monsters Playoff Schedule and Fan Information Announced