Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Tampa Bay Lightning have reassigned defenseman Cameron Gaunce to the Syracuse Crunch, vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois announced today.
Gaunce, 28, was recalled by the Lightning on Oct. 27 but did not play during the recall. He has skated in six games with the Crunch this season, recording a goal and two points to go along with nine penalty minutes. The 6-foot-2, 199-pound defenseman ranked second on Syracuse amongst defensemen for points prior to being recalled by the Bolts. He's recorded two points over his past three games for the Crunch.
The Sudbury, Ontario native has appeared in 32 career NHL games with the Colorado Avalanche, Dallas Stars and Pittsburgh Penguins over three seasons, registering two goals and five points to go along with 36 penalty minutes. Gaunce has also played in 541 career AHL games with the Crunch, Lake Erie Monsters, Wilkes/Barre-Scranton Penguins, Portland Pirates and Texas Stars, collecting 25 goals and 173 points. He helped the Texas Stars win the Calder Cup in 2014, skating in 18 postseason games, recording four assists and a plus-6 rating.
Gaunce was originally drafted by the Colorado Avalanche in the second round, 50th overall, at the 2008 NHL Draft.
Single game tickets and packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2018
- Amerks Move Atop AHL Standings with 3-2 Overtime Win over Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Penned in by Hogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Breakaway City: Phantoms Blow Past Springfield 8-2 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Utica Rallies to Down Pack in Shootout - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Fitzgerald's OT Game-Winner Leads Providence to 2-1 Win - Providence Bruins
- Comets Complete Comeback with Thrilling Shootout Win over Hartford - Utica Comets
- Crunch Force Overtime, Fall to Amerks, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Logan Shaw Released - San Diego Gulls
- Devils Take Down Checkers, 4-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Penguins Lose to P-Bruins in OT, 2-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Batherson Has Six Points in Senators Win - Belleville Senators
- Devils Rally, Hand Checkers First Road Loss of Season - Charlotte Checkers
- Phantoms' Second Period Surge Downs T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Monsters Downed by Rocket, 5-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Carrick and Welinski to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Game #12 Preview: Tucson vs. San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Marlies Back in Action for Battle of Ontario in Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Stars Recognize Armed Forces Saturday for Military Appreciation Night - Texas Stars
- Give the Gift of Hockey with Amerks Holiday Packs - Rochester Americans
- Burgdoerfer Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Heat Host Reign for Fry Day at 7PM - Stockton Heat
- Dallas Stars Recall Defenseman Joel Hanley - Texas Stars
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Matthew Spencer to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Cleveland Monsters and Ohio CAT to Host Coast Guard Hockey Game Saturday Afternoon at the Q - Cleveland Monsters
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Cameron Gaunce to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Marlies, November 9 - Belleville Senators
- Capitals Recall Aaron Ness and Jonas Siegenthaler - Hershey Bears
- Griffins Continue Point Streak with 4-1 Win over Manitoba - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Despite Comrie's Effort, Moose Fall to Grand Rapids - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Free Agent Defenseman Sean Day
- Alex Barre-Boulet Named to 2019-20 AHL Second All-Star Team
- Syracuse Crunch Statement Regarding the Cancellation of the Remainder of the 2019-20 Season
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forward Daniel Walcott to One-Year Contract
- Daniel Walcott Named Syracuse Crunch's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year