D.C. United Declines Options on Four Players
Washington, D.C. (December 3, 2012) - D.C. United announced today the club has declined options on four players, including defenders Mike Chabala and Emiliano Dudar, midfielder Stephen King, and forward Maicon Santos. Chabala, King and Santos are all eligible for the Re-Entry Draft.
Mike Chabala came to D.C. United on August 9, 2012 from the Portland Timbers and made three appearances (two starts) for the club in 2012. The 28-year-old's Black-and-Red debut occurred on August 11, 2012 in a 2-1 loss to first-place Eastern Conference club Sporting Kansas City.
Emiliano Dudar joined D.C. United from BSC Young Boys (Switzerland) prior to this past season, signing with the team on January 25, 2012. The Argentine international played in 11 matches (10 starts), logging close to 900 minutes for the Black-and-Red. The 31-year-old last appeared for United on November 18, 2012 in the squad's 1-1 tie against the Houston Dynamo in the second leg of the Eastern Conference finals.
Acquired from Seattle Sounders FC on April 30, 2010, Stephen King spent almost three seasons with D.C. United. Following back-to-back 20-game campaigns in 2010 and 2011, King would only appear in seven matches (one start) in 2012, tallying one assist. After being diagnosed with a congenital inguinal hernia on September 7, 2012 and undergoing surgery, the University of Maryland product would not feature for the club in another game. At season's end, King was selected as United's MLS W.O.R.K.S. Humanitarian of the Year for his work in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan community.
Obtained on January 18, 2012 from FC Dallas, Maicon Santos featured in 26 games (16 starts), tallying seven goals and three assists. Before his time with United and FC Dallas, the Brazilian international featured at Toronto FC and Chivas USA, as well as for clubs in Brazil, Israel and Tunisia.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 3, 2012
- LA Galaxy Make Six Players Available for Re-Entry Process - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: December 3, 2012 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Signs GK Jeff Attinella - Real Salt Lake
- Weekly Update: Rapids Players Begin Training with Derby - Colorado Rapids
- Re-Entry Process Eligible Player List Announced - MLS
- Whitecaps FC Exercise 2013 Options on Eight Players - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire Decline Options on Three Players - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake Trades MF Will Johnson to Portland Timbers FC - Real Salt Lake
- Rapids Acquire Atiba Harris in Trade with Vancouver Whitecaps - Colorado Rapids
- Whitecaps FC Acquire International Roster Spot from Colorado Rapids for Striker Atiba Harris - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Timbers Acquire Midfielder Will Johnson from Real Salt Lake for Allocation Money - Portland Timbers
- Red Bulls Acquire Forward Fabian Espindola and Defender Jamison Olave - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United Declines Options on Four Players - D.C. United
- Real Salt Lake Trades FW Fabian Espindola and DF Jamison Olave to New York - Real Salt Lake
- Timbers Decline Options on Palmer, Purdy - Portland Timbers
- Dynamo Acquire Defender Eric Brunner from Portland Timbers in Exchange for Allocation Money - Houston Dynamo
- Timbers Acquire Allocation Money from Houston for Defender Eric Brunner - Portland Timbers
- Sporting Kansas City Trades Michael Harrington to Portland Timbers for Allocation Money - Sporting Kansas City
- Timbers Acquire Defender Michael Harrington from Sporting KC for Allocation Money - Portland Timbers
- Red Bulls Acquire Defender Kosuke Kimura from Portland Timbers - New York Red Bulls
- Timbers Acquire Allocation, Homegrown Rights for Bryan Gallego from New York - Portland Timbers
- Toronto FC Acquires Justin Braun from Real Salt Lake - Toronto FC
- Real Salt Lake Trades FW Justin Braun to Toronto FC for DF Aaron Maund - Real Salt Lake
- Revs Announce 2013 Preseason Plans - New England Revolution
- Real Salt Lake Signs DF Chris Wingert and DF Tony Beltran to Contract Extensions - Real Salt Lake
- Real Salt Lake Declines Contract Options on Four Players - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy to host championship celebration on Monday night at The Home Depot Center - Los Angeles Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- United Launch New Audi Field Mobile App Experience for Guests Powered by VenueNext
- Time Changes for Five Matches at Audi Field
- United Announce That UMD and UVA Will Play at Audi Field in September
- Audi Field to Host Washington Spirit and Portland Thorns on August 25
- Date Changed for United's Away Game against LAFC in May