THIS PAST WEEK:
About Sunday Afternoon in Wheeling: Former Nailer Paul Crowder earned the game-winning goal in round five of the shootout to lift the Cyclones past the Nailers by a 3-2 final score in front of 1,481 at WesBanco Arena. Barry Almeida and Jonathan Hazen notched the goals for Cincinnati while Michael Houser made four saves in the shootout to earn the extra point.
About Saturday Night in Elmira: A late game rally for the Cyclones was spoiled by the Jackals as they held onto a 2-1 win in front of 2,813 at First Arena. John McFarland scored his eighth goal of the season in a losing effort while Michael Houser turned aside a season-high 40 shots in the defeat.
About Friday Night in Reading: Barry Almeida posted his second straight multi-point game against his former team as the Cyclones knocked off the Royals by a 4-1 final score in front of 4,199 at Santander Arena. Michael Houser quarterbacked an impressive night for the Cincinnati penalty kill unit, making 33 saves and helping his team extinguish four Royals power plays.
About Wednesday Night vs. Wheeling: Redirected shots and special teams play proved to be the difference as the Cyclones fell to the Nailers by a 3-0 final score in front of 4,279 at U.S. Bank Arena. The home team had no problem firing the puck as they outshot their Atlantic Division foe 38-23 in the tilt.
SHOTS FROM THE POINT:
Home Sweet Home: After wrapping up a long road trip with a shootout victory on Sunday in Wheeling, the Cyclones look ahead to Friday night when they welcome in the Evansville IceMen to U.S. Bank Arena. Then on Saturday, the Cyclones will make another trip to WesBanco Arena to battle the Nailers for the second consecutive weekend.
Bonus Hockey Beauties: With their shootout victory on Sunday in Wheeling, the Cyclones improved to 6-0 in games that stretch beyond 60 minutes - five of which have gone to a shootout. The Cyclones are one of just two teams in the ECHL to have an unblemished bonus hockey record. Their 12 OT/SO points are tied for the most in the ECHL
Mr. November: Cyclones forward Barry Almeida capped off a strong month on Saturday night in Elmira. He finished with 10 points (7g, 3a) in 14 games, which led the team. After the strong November showing, Almeida is now Cincy's active leader in scoring.
Friday, December 6 PUCKS N PUPS / WIENER DOG RACES - 7:30pm Fans can bring their four-legged friend to the game for just $2 in addition to a normal game ticket! Plus, between periods, we'll hold our annual Wiener Dog Races!
Tuesday, December 10 BIG BEER TUESDAY / UGLY SWEATER PARTY - 7:30pm Fans 21+ can enjoy $2 24-ounce beers while enjoying our Ugly Sweater Party! We'll award a cash prize to the ugliest holiday sweater!
Tuesday, December 17 BIG BEER TUESDAY / ANCHORMAN NIGHT - 7:30pm Fans 21+ can enjoy $2 24-ounce beers while we pay homage to the classic comedy "Anchorman!"
Monday, December 2: OFF DAY
Tuesday, December 3: 10:30am - U.S. Bank Arena
Wednesday, December 4: 10:30am - U.S. Bank Arena
Thursday, December 5: 10:30am - U.S. Bank Arena
Friday, December 6: 7:30pm - Game vs. Evansville
Saturday, December 7: 7:00pm - Game at Wheeling
Sunday, December 8: OFF DAY
All practices are closed to the public unless otherwise noted
For tickets to all games this season, log onto CyclonesHockey.com, call 513.421.PUCK (7825) or visit the U.S. Bank Arena Box Office.
UPCOMING HOME GAMES
Cincinnati vs. Evansville
Friday, December 6 - 7:30pm
PUCKS N PUPS / WIENER DOG RACES
Cincinnati vs. Kalamazoo
Tuesday, December 10 - 7:30pm
BIG BEER TUESDAY / UGLY SWEATER PARTY
Cincinnati vs. Kalamazoo
Tuesday, December 17 - 7:30pm
BIG BEER TUESDAY / ANCHORMAN NIGHT
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 2, 2013
- Nailers Introduce Wheeling Island Nailer Nights - Wheeling Nailers
- Weekly Weather Report: the Weekly News and Notes of the Stockton Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Complete Home Stretch Wednesday, Friday, Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Solar Bears End November with 12-6-0-1 Record - Orlando Solar Bears
- Teddy Bear Goal Scorer Kale Kessy Reassigned to Oklahoma City - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - December 2 - ECHL
- Blades Sign MacDonald, DeHart - Florida Everblades
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Radio Recon's Ready for a New Concept: a Coach's Show with the Head Coach - Reading Royals
- Stevenson Returns to Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Sign Forward Ryan Cruthers - Reading Royals
- C.J. Severyn Loaned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Orlando Solar Bears
- Condors Weekly: Big Crowd, Big Wins and Lots of Teddy Bears - Bakersfield Condors
- Goaltenders stealing the show - ECHL
- Road Warriors' New Alternate Jersey to Make Season Debut - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Komets Split Thanksgiving Series with Florida - Fort Wayne Komets
- Get a Free Royals' "Ugly Holiday Sweater" Special Jersey - Reading Royals
- Gwinnett Kicks Off The Month With Games Against Kalamazoo and Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Weekly: Stingrays Take Sleigh Ride into December as #1 Team in ECHL - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cincinnati Cyclones Stories
- Cyclones Offense Back on Track with Game 3 Win
- Cyclones Game Preview: Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 3 vs. Kalamazoo
- Cyclones Fall in Game 2 of Opening Round
- Cyclones Game Preview: Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 2 vs. Kalamazoo
- Cyclones Take Playoff Opener against Kalamazoo