Royals Sign Forward Ryan Cruthers
Reading, PA - Reading, PA - The Reading Royals of the ECHL, affiliate of the Washington Capitals of the National Hockey League and the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League, today announced that the team has signed forward Ryan Cruthers and goaltender Josh Watson, respectively, to ECHL contracts. In transactions previously completed: (i) goaltender Riley Gill was recalled to Hershey; and (ii) defenseman Mike Banwell was loaned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the AHL.
Cruthers (6'0/191) (28), who hails from Farmington, New York, but currently resides in Reading, returns to action after registering forty-five points (23g-2245pts) in seventy-one games with Orlando Solar Bears of the ECHL last season. Most recently, he has been managing the Junior Royals youth hockey program at the Body Zone Sports and Wellness Complex in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania. He is the all-time leading scorer for the Royals, registering 167 points (55g-112a) and 192 penalty minutes in 159 regular season games over three seasons (2009-12).
Watson (6'2/191) (23), a first year pro from Lititz, Pennsylvania, played three years of college hockey with the Rochester Institute of Technology. Last year, in nineteen games with R.I.T., he went 7-7-4 with a 3.03 goals against average and .905 save percentage.
Gill was recalled to Hershey on Saturday. In nine appearances with the Royals this season, he has compiled a record of 6-3-0-0 with a 2.20 goals against average and a .913 save percentage. He has not yet appeared for Hershey. Banwell was loaned to Bridgeport on Saturday. In thirteen goals with the Royals he has two assists and twenty-one penalty minutes, which include three fighting majors. He has not yet appeared for the Sound Tigers.
The Royals return to action on Friday (December 6 @ 7:00 pm), when the team will travel to WesBanco Arena in Wheeling, West Virginia, to face-off against the Wheeling Nailers. That night, the pre-game warm-up show presented by Highmark Blue Shield will kick off at 6:30 pm on CBS Sports Radio 1240 am and 98.5 fm on the Royals Broadcast Network. As with all Royals road games this season, Friday's game will be televised locally in Berks County, Pennsylvania, on BCTV courtesy of Boscov's Travel and Apple Vacations.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 2, 2013
- Nailers Introduce Wheeling Island Nailer Nights - Wheeling Nailers
- Weekly Weather Report: the Weekly News and Notes of the Stockton Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Complete Home Stretch Wednesday, Friday, Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Solar Bears End November with 12-6-0-1 Record - Orlando Solar Bears
- Teddy Bear Goal Scorer Kale Kessy Reassigned to Oklahoma City - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - December 2 - ECHL
- Blades Sign MacDonald, DeHart - Florida Everblades
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Radio Recon's Ready for a New Concept: a Coach's Show with the Head Coach - Reading Royals
- Stevenson Returns to Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Sign Forward Ryan Cruthers - Reading Royals
- C.J. Severyn Loaned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Orlando Solar Bears
- Condors Weekly: Big Crowd, Big Wins and Lots of Teddy Bears - Bakersfield Condors
- Goaltenders stealing the show - ECHL
- Road Warriors' New Alternate Jersey to Make Season Debut - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Komets Split Thanksgiving Series with Florida - Fort Wayne Komets
- Get a Free Royals' "Ugly Holiday Sweater" Special Jersey - Reading Royals
- Gwinnett Kicks Off The Month With Games Against Kalamazoo and Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Weekly: Stingrays Take Sleigh Ride into December as #1 Team in ECHL - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Reading Royals Announce Royals20for20 Small Business Stimulus Campaign
- Reading Royals Introduce FanSaves App to Connect Their Fans and Sponsors
- Reading Royals and Met-Ed Announce Joint Volunteer & Community Engagement Initiatives for 2020-2021
- Reading Royals Youth Hockey Association Announces Upcoming Clinics and Hockey Camps for Summer 2021
- ECHL's North Division Enacts COVID Voluntary Suspension and Plans 2021-22 Return