Blades Sign MacDonald, DeHart
Estero, FL - Florida Everblades president Craig Brush, along with head coach Greg Poss, announced Monday that the team has agreed to terms with forward Will MacDonald and defenseman Tony DeHart.
MacDonald, 24, played six games for the Everblades in 2012-13-scoring three goals-after wrapping up a four-year NCAA Division I career with the Princeton University Tigers.
"Will's got good speed and is in great shape," noted Poss. "Unfortunately he was hurt to start this season, but now he's healthy and ready to get started. He will be a strong addition to our team."
Hailing from Alpharetta, Ga., MacDonald put up 31 points (10g, 21a) in 100 career appearances with the Tigers.
DeHart, 23, played the last two seasons with the Western Conference's Stockton Thunder, amassing 42 points (9g, 33a) in 108 ECHL games.
Florida acquired the contract rights to the Ballwin, Mo., native in a September trade with the Thunder that also netted veteran blueliner Mike Little.
"Tony was a mainstay of a Stockton team that made it all the way to the Kelly Cup Finals last season," added Poss, "so we look forward to adding his experience and expertise to our defensive corps."
The Everblades return home Friday to open a two-game set with the Colorado Eagles at Germain Arena with a 7:30pm interconference dustup.
Friday's contest will be broadcast locally on 98.1 FM The Island and worldwide online on America ONE, the official broadband and mobile broadcaster of the ECHL, at www.americaonesports.com. Pregame coverage will get under way at 6:45pm.
Beat the Box Office!
Don't want to pay the box office rate for Everblades tickets? You don't have to! Save up to $7.00 per ticket with great 10 and 20-game flex plans and group rates for the remainder of the 2013-14 campaign. Lock in your flex plan or group seats now for the IBERIABANK Teddy Bear Toss on December 7.
For more information call 239-948-7825, or stop by the Everblades main office located at Germain Arena.
Office hours are Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 2, 2013
- Nailers Introduce Wheeling Island Nailer Nights - Wheeling Nailers
- Weekly Weather Report: the Weekly News and Notes of the Stockton Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Complete Home Stretch Wednesday, Friday, Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Solar Bears End November with 12-6-0-1 Record - Orlando Solar Bears
- Teddy Bear Goal Scorer Kale Kessy Reassigned to Oklahoma City - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - December 2 - ECHL
- Blades Sign MacDonald, DeHart - Florida Everblades
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Radio Recon's Ready for a New Concept: a Coach's Show with the Head Coach - Reading Royals
- Stevenson Returns to Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Sign Forward Ryan Cruthers - Reading Royals
- C.J. Severyn Loaned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Orlando Solar Bears
- Condors Weekly: Big Crowd, Big Wins and Lots of Teddy Bears - Bakersfield Condors
- Goaltenders stealing the show - ECHL
- Road Warriors' New Alternate Jersey to Make Season Debut - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Komets Split Thanksgiving Series with Florida - Fort Wayne Komets
- Get a Free Royals' "Ugly Holiday Sweater" Special Jersey - Reading Royals
- Gwinnett Kicks Off The Month With Games Against Kalamazoo and Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Weekly: Stingrays Take Sleigh Ride into December as #1 Team in ECHL - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- 'Blades Battle to Earn Point in Shootout Loss to Solar Bears
- Preview: 'Blades Host Solar Bears in Lone Game of Week
- 'Blades Sign Forward Slater Doggett
- 'Blades Weekly: Single Game Pits Florida against Orlando
- Stingrays Withstand Everblades' Comeback to Win Series Finale