Condors to Face Colorado in First Round
Wichita, KS - The Bakersfield Condors, American Hockey League affiliate of the Wichita Thunder, finished their season over the weekend and have drawn the Colorado Eagles for their first round match-up in the Calder Cup Playoffs.
The Condors played a pair of games over the weekend to close their 2018-19 schedule. PC Labrie scored for Bakersfield on Saturday night while Jakob Stukel found the back of the net on Sunday. Dylan Wells grabbed the victory in yesterday's win over Stockton.
Former Thunder netminder Shane Starrett finished with an impressive 27-7-5 record. He was third in goals-against (2.33), tied for third in wins and tied for fifth in save percentage (.918).
Bakersfield clinched the Pacific Division yesterday with a 3-2 win over the Heat. The Condors closed the regular season with 42 wins (most in franchise history), 21 road and home wins (Most in both categories since joining the AHL) and only gave up 182 goals (lowest in the AHL). Bakersfield will get home ice advantage in the first three rounds of their playoff run.
This will be the first-ever meeting in the AHL postseason for the Condors against the Colorado Eagles. Colorado knocked off the Thunder last year in the first round of the Kelly Cup Playoffs en route to an ECHL title last season.
Fans interested in following along with the Condors playoff run can watch live on AHLTV.
Season tickets for the 2019-20 season are on sale now. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 15, 2019
- Mavs Monday: the Playoffs Come Home - Kansas City Mavericks
- Walleye Lead Division Semi-Finals - Toledo Walleye
- Brad McClure Joins Steelheads from Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - April 15 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Condors to Face Colorado in First Round - Wichita Thunder
- Former Nailers Taking Aim at Championships in 2019 - Wheeling Nailers
- Worcester Railers HC Add Grafton, MA Native James McDonald to Staff - Worcester Railers HC
- Wings Weekly: Playoff Hockey at Wings Event Center, Anselmini Reassigned - Kalamazoo Wings
- Steelheads Weekly - April 15, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Indy Fuel to Make Coaching Change for 2019-20 Season - Indy Fuel
- Warrior Hockey Named "Exclusive On-Ice Equipment Provider of the ECHL" for the 2019-20 Season - ECHL
- Hunter Fejes Returns to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Grizzlies Home for 3 Playoff Games this Week - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.