Condors Sign Veteran Joe Rullier
Bakersfield, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors, host of the 2011 ECHL All-Star Classic and ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, have announced the signing of D Joe Rullier (ROO-lee-ay). The announcement was made by Head Coach Marty Raymond.
Rullier, 30, is entering his 11th professional season, after spending the past two seasons in the Finnish elite league (SM-liiga). The Montreal native played 461 games in the American Hockey League between 2000-2009, primarily with the Los Angeles Kings affiliates in Lowell (Mass.) and Manchester (N.H.). He has posted 23g-76a-99pts and 1,283 penalty minutes in his AHL career. Rullier's career totals include career highs with a 31-point season (8g-23a) in 2005-06 with Manchester and Hartford, and a Manchester team record 322 penalty minutes in 2004-05.
The career games played leader in Manchester Monarchs history, the 6-foot-3, 230-pound blueliner skated 284 of his 461 career games for the AHL club, where he also is the all-time penalty minute leader at 844, second in career plus/minus at +48 and eighth in shots on goal (439).
The Condors are currently in Toledo, Ohio, tonight, opening a two-game weekend series against the Walleye. Rullier is expected to make his Condors debut tonight.
What Marty says:
"He's a big man with lots of experience. He's physical and can move the puck, and he brings a lot of depth to our lineup. He will also help both on the power play and the penalty kill."
Tickets to the 2011 ECHL All-Star Classic, slated for January 26 in Bakersfield, are on sale now. Discounts are available for groups of 20 or more, and fundraising options are available as well, allowing organizations to make up to $10 for every ticket sold for their non-profit. Contact the Condors at 324-PUCK(7825) for more information.
The Condors are back at home for a two-game set Dec. 10 and 11. Friday's game is Make Over Giveaway Night, including a grand prize package worth over $5,000, and consolation prizes as well, sponsored by Bright House Networks and Spa Euphora. On Saturday, Dec. 11 the Condors will wear special All-Star Classic jerseys for a Jersey Off Our Backs Raffle & Auction to benefit the Petroleum Shrine Club, sponsored by ABC23, 96.5 Max FM and American Business Machines.
Individual tickets are on sale through Ticketmaster and the Rabobank Arena Box Office. Box Office hours are 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday - Friday, and 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Saturday, with extended hours on game and event days. You can also call Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000 or visit them online at www.ticketmaster.com. Ticket packages start at just $42! Call the Condors office at 324-PUCK (7825) or go online to www.bakersfieldcondors.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 4, 2010
- Grizzlies Comeback in Third; Then Fall 3-2 in OT - Utah Grizzlies
- Aces Fall to Steelheads 4-1 to Close Road Swing - Alaska Aces
- Steelheads Top Aces, 4-1 - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - December 4 - ECHL
- Jackals Drop Overtime Heartbreaker to K-Wings, 6-5 - Elmira Jackals
- Royals Come Back to Take out Trenton, 3-2 - Reading Royals
- Royals Surge Past Devils, 3-2 - Trenton Devils
- Everblades Drop Cyclones 5-3 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Condors Fall 6-4 to Toledo - Bakersfield Condors
- Blades Finish off Road Trip in Perfect Fashion with 5-3 Win at Cincinnati - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Collect Over 2,900 Stuffed Animals on Teddy Bear Toss Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- Road Warriors Spoil Stingrays Party - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Salmon Kings Sign Matt Butcher - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Lessard Signs with Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder at Victoria Salmon Kings - Stockton Thunder
- Blades Make Changes to Roster - Florida Everblades
- de Gray Reassigned from Jackals to Crunch - Elmira Jackals
- Kucharski and Potacco Sign with Trenton - Trenton Devils
- Condors Sign Veteran Joe Rullier - Bakersfield Condors
- Cyclones Close Out Weekend Series With Everblades - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Game Preview: Kalamazoo at Elmira - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays Celebrate 12th Annual Teddy Bear Toss Tonight Against Greenville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - December 4 - ECHL
- Jackals Stumped By Royals, 6-1 - Elmira Jackals
- Thunder burst to 5-0-2 on road, back into 1st place on Aiello's two goals - Stockton Thunder
- Victoria's comeback falls short as Stockton win 5-3 - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Ontario Wins Fourth Straight Road Game - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.