Condors Host Stockton on Stranger Things Night
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors host the Stockton Heat at 7 p.m. on Stranger Things Night with fans encouraged to wear Halloween costumes and Trick-or-Treat in the suites on the concourse beginning at 6 p.m. Worried about Game 4 of the World Series? The Tap Room, Club Room, and Ice Level Lounge will have the game on all televisions.
Great seats start at just $12 and can be purchased here or at the Rabobank Arena Box Office.
PROMOTION DETAILS: Stranger Things Night presented by HOT 94.1 FM. Dress in your Halloween costume for an on-ice costume contest and Trick-Or-Treat in the Suites on the concourse beginning at 6 p.m. There will also be a waffle-eating contest along with George The Giant performing on a bed of nails and fire arts! Please allow extra time for arrival as Rabobank Arena has installed metal detectors at all entrances. Doors open at 6 p.m. (5:45 p.m. for Condors365 Members).
EAT & DRINK
Chicken and Veggie Skewers
Crossbar Craft Beer Pub
Ice Level Lounge (free with a lower level ticket, must be 21+)
BAKERSFIELD MARRIOTT POST-GAME AUTOGRAPH BOOTH: LW Tyler Benson and D Logan Day
The Bakersfield Condors host the Stockton Heat. It is the second matchup of the season between the two after the Condors beat the Heat, 8-1 on Opening Night back on October 5. It is the first of a home-and-home series with the Condors visiting Stockton on Wednesday.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Bakersfield has not played since last Saturday's 5-4 defeat at the hands of the San Diego Gulls. The Condors received a three-point (2g-1a) from C Cooper Marody and RW Cameron Hebig scored for the second straight game. LW Joe Gambardella had two assists.
Stockton jumped out to a 4-0 lead after one period and survived a 14-round shootout to beat San Diego on the road, 5-4. D Matt Taormina had the shootout game-winner in round 14. C Glenn Gawdin had two goals in regulation.
COOPER MARODY MAKES NHL DEBUT
C Cooper Marody was recalled by the Edmonton Oilers on Sunday and on Tuesday, became the fifth Condors player in the past three seasons to make his NHL debut. Marody leads the Condors in assists with four and scoring with six points. Overall, the Michigan native has nine points (3g-6a) in eight AHL games. The other debutants were D Ethan Bear (2017-18), D Dillon Simpson (2016-17), D Matthew Benning (2016-17), and C Jujhar Khaira (2015-16).
The Condors special teams units are off to good starts through the opening five games. Bakersfield's power play is second in the AHL at 31.6% (6/19) and the penalty kill is 6th at 87.5% (21/24). At home, the Condors have the best power play in the AHL at 45.5% (5/11) and fifth best PK at 93.8% (15/16). RW Cameron Hebig has three power-play goals to lead the team and is tied with LW Tyler Benson in power play points with four.
The Condors are second in the AHL in both shots for (36.40) and shots against (24.40) per game... LW Tyler Benson, who had two assists on Saturday, now has two multi-point efforts in five games this season... RW Cameron Hebig has goals in two straight. His 25.0% shooting percentage (3 GF / 12 shots) is the highest on the team... D Jake Kulevich had an assist in his Condors debut on Saturday.
Stockton has won three straight road games since losing in Bakersfield, 8-1, on Opening Night... The Heat have flip flopped starts for Jon Gillies (who played last night) and Tyler Parsons in each of the last five games... Rookie C Glenn Gawdin has four goals in seven games. He had 125 points (56g-69a) in 67 games with Swift Current in the WHL last season.
10/23 - G Stuart Skinner recalled from Wichita (ECHL)
10/23 - D Jared Wilson recalled from Wichita (ECHL)
10/23 - G Shane Starrett assigned to Wichita (ECHL)
10/21 - C Cooper Marody recalled by Edmonton (NHL)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 27, 2018
- Jake Evans Earns Two Points in 3-2 Loss to Rochester Americans - Laval Rocket
- Griffins Notch First Road Win, Surpass Senators 3-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Big Third Period Sends Amerks to 3-2 Win over Rocket - Rochester Americans
- Texas Bit by Strong Second Period by San Jose - Texas Stars
- Barracuda Use Four-Goal Second to Blast Stars 6-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Ryan Bourque scores twice and Aho earns three assists in comeback effort on Saturday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Phil 'er up: Myers and Varone Post 3-Point Nights in Road Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Moose Topped by AHL's Best - Manitoba Moose
- Greenway's Hat Trick Paces Iowa in 6-1 Win over Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Lead Slips away from Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Toppled by Checkers, 6-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Resilient Bears Top Penguins in Shootout, 4-3 - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Suffer Shootout Loss to Bears, 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Hang on for Hard-Fought 2-1 Win in Rockford - Cleveland Monsters
- Admirals Stay Unbeaten at Home - Milwaukee Admirals
- Harry Z, T-Birds Haunt Bruins for 4th Straight Win - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sens Split Weekend Series with Grand Rapids - Belleville Senators
- Phantoms Top Devils, 5-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Bakos and Kovar Score, But P-Bruins Fall 4-2 in Springfield - Providence Bruins
- Checkers Top Syracuse for Seventh Straight Road Win - Charlotte Checkers
- Game #8 Preview: Tucson at San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Cameron Gaunce from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Rampage Assign Stephen Perfetto to Tulsa - San Antonio Rampage
- Jets Recall Tucker Poolman from the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Game Preview: Bears Return to Giant Center to Host Penguins - Hershey Bears
- Ottawa Recalls Rodewald from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Stars Reassign Defenseman Ondrej Vala from Idaho - Texas Stars
- Penguins Assign Josephs to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Heat Look for Their Fourth-Straight Road Win in Bakersfield at 7PM - Stockton Heat
- Condors Host Stockton on Stranger Things Night - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Griffins, October 27 - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Open Three-Game Trip in Hartford, Providence - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Tucson Runs Wild in 8-5 Win over Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign Can't Stop High-Powered Roadrunners - Ontario Reign
- Gulls' Comeback Earns a Point - San Diego Gulls
- Heat Win Wild, 14-Round Shootout 5-4 - Stockton Heat
- Barracuda Improve to 4-0 on the Road with 2-1 Win at Rampage - San Jose Barracuda
- Belleville Edges Griffins 5-3 in Inaugural Matchup - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Barracuda Hold off Chimuelos on Dia de los Muertos Night - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.