Comrie Shuts out Stockton, Moose Win 3-0
The Manitoba Moose (13-11-2-0) collected their fifth-straight victory with a 3-0 win against the Stockton Heat (10-16-1-0) on Saturday afternoon at Bell MTS Iceplex. The Moose didn't waste any time putting on the pressure and tested the Heat with 17 shots compared to Stockton's three during the opening period. At 8:10 of the first frame, Cole Perfetti won the faceoff cleanly for a waiting Declan Chisholm. Stockton netminder Garett Sparks denied Chisholm's attempt however Perfetti was there to clean up the rebound and give the Moose a 1-0 advantage.
The intensity was high during the second frame as the clubs exchanged six penalties during the period, four of which resulted from one sequence. After killing off a late penalty, the Moose added to their lead. With 1:33 to go in the middle frame, Perfetti sent a perfect pass to Dominic Toninato who capitalized on a one-timer opportunity and extended Manitoba's lead to a 2-0 count.
At 6:52 of the third, Kristian Reichel rushed up the ice and sent a slick cross-ice pass to Perfetti. The centreman connected with Toninato who was rushing up the middle to score his second goal of the game. Comrie stopped all 13 shots he faced and led the Moose to the 3-0 victory. The Moose earned their fifth-straight victory in dominant fashion and outshot the Heat 46-13.
Eric Comrie earned his 10th career AHL shutout which ties him for third on the franchise list with Connor Hellebuyck and Alex Auld.
Cole Perfetti collected three points (1G, 2A) during his afternoon's contest, improving his point streak to five games (4G, 7A), four of which have been multi-point performances.
Dominic Toninato posted two tallies in this afternoon's game, recording his fourth career AHL multi-goal game.
Kristian Reichel (1G, 1A) and Declan Chisholm (2A) are currently on two-game point streaks.
Head Coach Pascal Vincent on Eric Comrie
"From day one, and I've known Eric for quite some years now, and he's just been a phenomenal person around the team. His work ethic is off the charts, he's a great teammate, he has great leadership skills and he's a great goalie. So he's meant a lot to this organization. I mean the Moose have been around for quite some time now going back to Moose 1.0 and there was quite a few good goalies in Winnipeg playing for the Moose over that time. For him to be the all-time leader tells you quite a bit about his career."
Goaltender Eric Comrie
"This organization has been special to me since day one. It's been an honour to be drafted here and play for the Moose. It's a very historical organization. I know (Mark) Chipman takes great pride in this organization and really treats us well and that means a lot to myself. Just being a part of this organization and being able to set a franchise record is pretty special to myself."
The Moose take on the Stockton Heat on Monday afternoon. Puck drop is scheduled for 1 p.m. CT. The game is available on MooseHockey.com/LISTENLIVE, CJOB.com/sports and AHLTV.com.
Prepared by Jennifer Redenbach
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 24, 2021
- Penguins Lose Tight Race in Hershey, 3-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Power Play Leads Gulls over Henderson, 4-1 - San Diego Gulls
- Felix Sandström's Amazing 37-Save Effort Leads 3-2 Win - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Villalta, Reign Blank Bakersfield - Ontario Reign
- Amerks Comeback Falls Short in Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Silver Knights Defeated 4-1 by San Diego Gulls - Henderson Silver Knights
- Crunch Edge Amerks, 5-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Third Period Push Sends Rockford Past Iowa 5-3 - Iowa Wild
- Aarne Talvitie Scores First Pro Goal in 3-2 Loss - Binghamton Devils
- Monsters Claim Exciting 5-4 Overtime Win against Wolves - Cleveland Monsters
- Comrie Shuts out Stockton, Moose Win 3-0 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolves Earn Point in Wild Affair - Chicago Wolves
- Sparks Strong as Heat Fall to Moose - Stockton Heat
- Suddenly Hot Sound Tigers Rally for 4-3 Win over Hartford - Bridgeport Islanders
- Fucale, Alexeyev Guide Hershey to Sixth Straight Win - Hershey Bears
- Third Period Rally Costs Pack against Bridgeport - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Condors Look to Extend Home Unbeaten Streak at 5 p.m. - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, April 24th - Belleville Senators
- Heat Look to Even Series with Manitoba - Stockton Heat
- Sound Tigers Head to Hartford this Afternoon - Bridgeport Islanders
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 1 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- "El Lazo de Tucson" Earn Back-and-forth Win over Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Colorado Falls Short in Tucson, 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.