Columbus Crew SC Hosts Real Esteli FC Tomorrow in Second Leg of 2021 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew SC returns to Historic Crew Stadium to face Nicaraguan side Real Esteli FC tomorrow, Thursday, April 15 for a nationally televised 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Round of 16 Second Leg match [8:00 p.m. ET / FS1, TUDN]. The match will serve as the first home contest for Crew SC since its 3-0 victory over Seattle Sounders FC in MLS Cup 2020 on (December 12).
The Crew head into tomorrow's match with a 4-0 lead on aggregate scoring, after defeating Real Esteli FC by four goals during the First Leg matchup at Estadio Nacional de futbol de Nicaragua in Managua, Nicaragua (April 8). Crew SC was powered by forward Gyasi Zardes's two-goal performance, with additional tallies by defender Jonathan Mensah and midfielder Pedro Santos to give the Club its biggest margin of victory in Concacaf Champions League history. Goalkeeper Eloy Room recorded a clean sheet, making five saves. In all the, Black & Gold have an all-time record of 7-6-4 in the tournament.
The winner of the two legs of the Round of 16 will be determined by aggregate scoring. Should Crew SC advance to the Quarterfinals of the tournament, it would face the winner of the Round of 16 matchup between CF Monterrey (Mexico) and Club Atletico Pantoja (Dominican Republic) across two legs, which kicks-off its second leg at 10 p.m. ET tomorrow night with Monterrey leading 3-0. Currently, CF Monterrey leads Club Atletico Pantoja 3-0, after defeating Pantoja at Estadio Olimpico Felix Sanchez in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (April 8). The winner of the 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League will secure a berth in the 2021 FIFA Club World Cup in Japan. The full list of 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Round of 16 fixtures can be viewed via Concacaf.com.
Historic Crew Stadium reduced capacity for this match will be 3,600 ticketed individuals and all individuals will be expected to follow guidelines outlined as part of the Club's Responsible Restart Plan, which includes required use of face covering, while not actively eating or drinking.
2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Round of 16, Second Leg:
Columbus Crew SC vs. Real Esteli FC
Thursday, April 15 - 8:00 p.m. ET - Historic Crew Stadium (Columbus, Ohio)
National Television: FS1 (English), TUDN (Spanish)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 15, 2021
- Charlotte FC Players React to Bank of America Stadium Renovation Plans - Charlotte FC
- Denver to Host First-Ever Concacaf Nations League Finals in June 2021 - Colorado Rapids
- Come to Our Pre-Match Party Saturday at Hard Rock Café Downtown: Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- Nashville Soccer Club Announces Partnership with Daktronics in First Nashville SC Stadium Event - Nashville SC
- LAFC Teams up with 710 Am ESPN and KFWB 980 La Mera Mera for 2021 Radio Broadcasts - Los Angeles FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Open MLS Regular Season against San Jose Earthquakes - Houston Dynamo FC
- FC Cincinnati Announce Star64, IHeartRadio as Local Broadcast Partners - FC Cincinnati
- FC Dallas Announces Policies and Procedures for Toyota Stadium to Start 2021 Season - FC Dallas
- Rapids Look to Reap the Benefits of Team Chemistry in 2021 - Colorado Rapids
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts Real Esteli FC Tomorrow in Second Leg of 2021 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 - Columbus Crew SC
- Arlo White, Tony Meola & Tyler Terens Headline Chicago Fire FC's 2021 Broadcast Team - Chicago Fire FC
- Atlanta United Signs SuperDraft Pick Josh Bauer - Atlanta United FC
- Week 1 News & Notes - MLS
- Sporting KC Signs Goalkeeper Parker Siegfried on Loan - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Dallas Announces Partnership with Gallagher - FC Dallas
- J. Rieger & Co. Announces Sporting KC Whiskey Label - Sporting Kansas City
- Red Bull Arena Receives Global Biorisk Advisory Council STAR Accreditation - New York Red Bulls
- CF Montréal to Kick off Season Saturday against Toronto FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Sounders FC Loans Midfielder Shandon Hopeau to San Antonio FC - Seattle Sounders FC
- Patrick Seagrist Joins Indy Eleven on Loan - Inter Miami CF
- Nissan Stadium Transitions to Cashless Payment for All Future Events - Nashville SC
- New York City FC Signs 2021 MLS SuperDraft Pick Vuk Latinovich - New York City FC
- Minnesota United Announces Technical Staff Hires - Minnesota United FC
- Houston Dynamo Football Club & Lexus Partner to Drive Luxury Fan Experiences at BBVA Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- WSOC-TV, TV64 & Telemundo Charlotte Announce First-Ever Television Partnership with Charlotte Football Club - Charlotte FC
- Sergio Ruiz: "I'm Happy and Playing with Confidence" - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Joint Statement from the Columbus Crew and Its Supporters Group, the Nordecke
- Columbus SC Travels to Florida to Face Toronto FC Tonight
- Crew Reveals Updated Brand Marks
- Columbus Crew SC Returns to Historic Crew Stadium for Match against D.C. United Tomorrow
- Columbus Crew SC Faces CF Monterrey Tonight in Mexico