Red Bull Arena Receives Global Biorisk Advisory Council STAR Accreditation
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls and Red Bull Arena announced today that the venue has received Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR accreditation ahead of fans returning to Red Bull Arena on April 17 for the start of the MLS season. Recognized as the gold standard of safe venues, GBAC STAR™ provides third-party validation to ensure the implementation of rigorous protocols in response to biorisk situations.
Red Bull Arena has implemented a series of physical changes, policies and protocols designed to ensure the health and safety of all fans, players, staff and other guests while continuing to provide world-class service and event experience.
The organization received STAR accreditation from GBAC after submitting a detailed plan outlining measures taken for infectious disease outbreak prevention, response and recovery.
Red Bull Arena and the New York Red Bulls have taken the following steps to ensure the health and safety of everyone who enters RBA, with regular review and updates to policies and procedures as needed:
Providing the highest standards - set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention- for cleaning and sanitization throughout Red Bull Arena, alongside cleaning partner Atalian Global Services.
Quarterly treatments at Red Bull Arena utilizing EPA registered, water-based, antimicrobial technology that provides persistent and continuous protection.
Proper training for all on-site health and safety guidelines and policies.
Updating the arena's air filtration system, partnering with AtmosAir Solutions to install bi-polar ionization indoor air quality technology which keeps fans, players and staff healthy by reducing viruses, particles, bacteria, mold spores and volatile organic compounds in stadiums and arenas.
Thoroughly screening all employees who enter Red Bull Arena.
Creating a contactless restroom experience.
Enacting a detailed contact-tracing program with all employees and guests.
Partnering with hospitality and food service partner Delaware North to create a more contact-free environment, including but not limited to:
Changing to individual packaging for food, condiments, and accessories.
Adding additional grab-and-go locations to limit the amount a product is handled before reaching the guest.
Providing additional contact-free ordering and payment methods.
Implementing PLAY IT SAFE™ training for proper food preparation and handling for all service members.
As a division of the International Sanitary Supply Association (ISSA), GBAC STAR™ is an industry accreditation focused on ensuring a clean, safe and healthy environment. The program establishes requirements to assist venues by providing best practices, protocols and procedures to control risks associated with infectious agents, such as SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for COVID-19.
The organization has also published information outlining health and safety guidelines, entry protocols, and general venue information as fans return and re-familiarize with Red Bull Arena.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 15, 2021
- Charlotte FC Players React to Bank of America Stadium Renovation Plans - Charlotte FC
- Denver to Host First-Ever Concacaf Nations League Finals in June 2021 - Colorado Rapids
- Come to Our Pre-Match Party Saturday at Hard Rock Café Downtown: Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- Nashville Soccer Club Announces Partnership with Daktronics in First Nashville SC Stadium Event - Nashville SC
- LAFC Teams up with 710 Am ESPN and KFWB 980 La Mera Mera for 2021 Radio Broadcasts - Los Angeles FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Open MLS Regular Season against San Jose Earthquakes - Houston Dynamo FC
- FC Cincinnati Announce Star64, IHeartRadio as Local Broadcast Partners - FC Cincinnati
- FC Dallas Announces Policies and Procedures for Toyota Stadium to Start 2021 Season - FC Dallas
- Rapids Look to Reap the Benefits of Team Chemistry in 2021 - Colorado Rapids
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts Real Esteli FC Tomorrow in Second Leg of 2021 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 - Columbus Crew SC
- Arlo White, Tony Meola & Tyler Terens Headline Chicago Fire FC's 2021 Broadcast Team - Chicago Fire FC
- Atlanta United Signs SuperDraft Pick Josh Bauer - Atlanta United FC
- Week 1 News & Notes - MLS
- Sporting KC Signs Goalkeeper Parker Siegfried on Loan - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Dallas Announces Partnership with Gallagher - FC Dallas
- J. Rieger & Co. Announces Sporting KC Whiskey Label - Sporting Kansas City
- Red Bull Arena Receives Global Biorisk Advisory Council STAR Accreditation - New York Red Bulls
- CF Montréal to Kick off Season Saturday against Toronto FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Sounders FC Loans Midfielder Shandon Hopeau to San Antonio FC - Seattle Sounders FC
- Patrick Seagrist Joins Indy Eleven on Loan - Inter Miami CF
- Nissan Stadium Transitions to Cashless Payment for All Future Events - Nashville SC
- New York City FC Signs 2021 MLS SuperDraft Pick Vuk Latinovich - New York City FC
- Minnesota United Announces Technical Staff Hires - Minnesota United FC
- Houston Dynamo Football Club & Lexus Partner to Drive Luxury Fan Experiences at BBVA Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- WSOC-TV, TV64 & Telemundo Charlotte Announce First-Ever Television Partnership with Charlotte Football Club - Charlotte FC
- Sergio Ruiz: "I'm Happy and Playing with Confidence" - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Hands Nashville SC First Loss of the Season at Red Bull Arena
- New York Red Bulls Loan David Jensen to K.V.C Westerlo
- New York Welcomes Nashville SC to Red Bull Arena
- New York Red Bulls Extend Fábio Loan to the End of the Season
- New York Red Bulls Home Match on October 30 Versus CF Montreal Set for 4 PM ET