WSOC-TV, TV64 & Telemundo Charlotte Announce First-Ever Television Partnership with Charlotte Football Club
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte Football Club today announced its first-ever television partnership with three local Charlotte stations owned by Cox Media Group including WSOC-TV (ABC Charlotte), WAXN (TV64) and Telemundo Charlotte. WSOC-TV and TV64 will be the flagship English language television partners while Telemundo Charlotte will be the team's local Spanish-speaking television partner.
"We are so proud and excited to bring Charlotte FC's inaugural season into homes across the Charlotte area," said Cedric Thomas, Cox Media Group Charlotte vice president and general manager.
As a result of this landmark agreement between Charlotte FC and the three (3) television stations, all regional Charlotte FC regular season matches in 2022 will be available over-the-air to all television households within the Charlotte viewing area in English and Spanish.
"I continue to be amazed by the enthusiasm of Charlotte FC fans and we are thrilled to announce a partnership that ensures all of our regionally-televised matches - home and away - will be available to our passionate fan base," said Nick Kelly, president of Charlotte FC. "Charlotte FC is committed to making our games accessible to our fans and broadcasting across WSOC-TV, TV64 and Telemundo Charlotte allows us to reach everyone in the greater Charlotte area in English and Spanish while providing the high-quality viewing experience that our fans expect."
"Broadcasting the games over the air in both English and Spanish means that everyone can get in on action and enjoy the region's newest professional sports franchise," said Thomas.
Full details of Charlotte FC's inaugural MLS broadcast schedule on WSOC-TV, TV64 and Telemundo Charlotte will be released with the 2022 MLS schedule.
Charlotte-based Raycom Sports will handle local game production and syndication for the Charlotte FC television network throughout the Carolinas.
"People around here are fired up about Charlotte FC, and we are thrilled to be part of the inaugural season in our hometown," said Hunter Nickell, CEO of Raycom Sports.
Additional information about the television affiliate network that will bring matches to fans across North Carolina and South Carolina will be shared at a later date.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 15, 2021
- Charlotte FC Players React to Bank of America Stadium Renovation Plans - Charlotte FC
- Denver to Host First-Ever Concacaf Nations League Finals in June 2021 - Colorado Rapids
- Come to Our Pre-Match Party Saturday at Hard Rock Café Downtown: Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- Nashville Soccer Club Announces Partnership with Daktronics in First Nashville SC Stadium Event - Nashville SC
- LAFC Teams up with 710 Am ESPN and KFWB 980 La Mera Mera for 2021 Radio Broadcasts - Los Angeles FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Open MLS Regular Season against San Jose Earthquakes - Houston Dynamo FC
- FC Cincinnati Announce Star64, IHeartRadio as Local Broadcast Partners - FC Cincinnati
- FC Dallas Announces Policies and Procedures for Toyota Stadium to Start 2021 Season - FC Dallas
- Rapids Look to Reap the Benefits of Team Chemistry in 2021 - Colorado Rapids
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts Real Esteli FC Tomorrow in Second Leg of 2021 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 - Columbus Crew SC
- Arlo White, Tony Meola & Tyler Terens Headline Chicago Fire FC's 2021 Broadcast Team - Chicago Fire FC
- Atlanta United Signs SuperDraft Pick Josh Bauer - Atlanta United FC
- Week 1 News & Notes - MLS
- Sporting KC Signs Goalkeeper Parker Siegfried on Loan - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Dallas Announces Partnership with Gallagher - FC Dallas
- J. Rieger & Co. Announces Sporting KC Whiskey Label - Sporting Kansas City
- Red Bull Arena Receives Global Biorisk Advisory Council STAR Accreditation - New York Red Bulls
- CF Montréal to Kick off Season Saturday against Toronto FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Sounders FC Loans Midfielder Shandon Hopeau to San Antonio FC - Seattle Sounders FC
- Patrick Seagrist Joins Indy Eleven on Loan - Inter Miami CF
- Nissan Stadium Transitions to Cashless Payment for All Future Events - Nashville SC
- New York City FC Signs 2021 MLS SuperDraft Pick Vuk Latinovich - New York City FC
- Minnesota United Announces Technical Staff Hires - Minnesota United FC
- Houston Dynamo Football Club & Lexus Partner to Drive Luxury Fan Experiences at BBVA Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- WSOC-TV, TV64 & Telemundo Charlotte Announce First-Ever Television Partnership with Charlotte Football Club - Charlotte FC
- Sergio Ruiz: "I'm Happy and Playing with Confidence" - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte FC Stories
- Brandt Bronico Discusses His Successful Loan, Future Teammate Christian Fuchs
- Christian Fuchs: "2022 Cannot Come Quick EnoughÃ¢ÂÂ
- Charlotte FC Announces Ryan Johnson as North America Scout
- Charlotte FC Signs Defender Christian Fuchs
- Charlotte FC Academy Discovery Program Celebrates Successful Inaugural Season