Colorado Rapids Acquire Midfielder Bryan Acosta
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. - The Colorado Rapids have signed midfielder Bryan Acosta on a two year-deal with a club option for an additional season, the club announced today.
"We're delighted to bring a player of Bryan's quality to Colorado," said Pádraig Smith, Colorado Rapids Executive VP & General Manager. "Bryan is a dynamic midfielder with experience within our league and at an international level. His power, technical play and ability on both sides of the ball will be an asset to our midfield. We look forward to welcoming him to our group ahead of the new season."
Acosta joins the Rapids as a free agent after being selected by the club in the 2021 MLS Re-Entry Draft. The 28-year-old previously spent three seasons in MLS with FC Dallas, logging 60 appearances and recording two goals and five assists in the regular season during his time in Texas.
Prior to signing as a Designated Player with Dallas in 2019, Acosta spent two years in the Spanish second division with C.D. Tenerife where he recorded 51 appearances, six goals and six assists across all competitions, including the Copa del Rey.
A native of La Ceiba, Honduras, Acosta began his professional career in 2013 with Real España in the Honduran first division. He spent four years with the Central American side, appearing in 129 matches and scoring 19 goals. Acosta was part of the team that won the 2013 Apertura that qualified them for the 2014-15 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League where he appeared in four games.
On the international stage, Acosta has featured for the Honduras men's national team on 56 occasions, including 10 Concacaf World Cup Qualifying matches and 12 matches across four Concacaf Gold Cup tournaments, recording two goals and an assist.
TRANSACTION: Colorado Rapids sign midfielder Bryan Acosta to a two-year contract with a club option for an additional year on January 19, 2022.
Birthdate: November 24, 1993
Birthplace: La Ceiba, Honduras
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 19, 2022
- Record and Play: How Charlotte FC Will Benefit from Video Analysis - Charlotte FC
- Sounders FC Hires Andy Rose as Assistant Coach - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Re-Sign Midfielder Victor Vázquez - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Re-Signs Homegrown Defender Tate Schmitt - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Sign Goalkeeper Matt Bersano to New Contract - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo FC Announce Ticket Promotions for 2022 Season - Houston Dynamo FC
- Sounders FC Re-Signs Goalkeeper Stefan Cleveland - Seattle Sounders FC
- Houston Dynamo FC and Houston Dash Volunteer at Hope Farms with Recipe for Success on Martin Luther King Jr. Day - Houston Dynamo FC
- Colorado Rapids Acquire Midfielder Bryan Acosta - Colorado Rapids
- Inter Miami CF Re-Signs Defender/Midfielder Brek Shea - Inter Miami CF
- U.S. Soccer Selects Orlando to Host Final Home FIFA World Cup Qualifier of 2022 Cycle - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Sign Midfielder Jack Price to Multi-Year Contract Extension - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Re-Sign Midfielder Haris Medunjanin - FC Cincinnati
- Orlando City Signs Defender Rodrigo Schlegel to New Contract - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Sign Defender Danny Wilson to Multi-Year Contract Extension - Colorado Rapids
- Real Salt Lake Academy Adds Jon Spencer as Director of Talent Identification - Real Salt Lake
- Charlotte FC Signs Attacking Midfielder Cristian "Titi" Ortíz from Club Tijuana on Loan Through 2022 - Charlotte FC
- Cristian Ortíz Is 'One of the Best Number Tens for Our Specific Game Model' - Charlotte FC
- Colorado Rapids Sign Midfielder Mark-Anthony Kaye to Four-Year Extension - Colorado Rapids
- Colorado Rapids Sign Defender Keegan Rosenberry to Three-Year Contract Extension - Colorado Rapids
- Sorber and Stalteri Join Toronto FC Coaching Staff for 2022 Season - Toronto FC
- MLS 101: What Is a No. 10? Soccer Jersey Numbers Explained - Charlotte FC
- D.C. United Single-Match Tickets for 2022 Major League Soccer Schedule Now On-Sale - D.C. United
- Sporting KC Signs Defender Robert Voloder - Sporting Kansas City
- Ronald Hernández, Josef Martínez Called up to Venezuela National Team Ahead of Upcoming World Cup Qualifiers - Atlanta United FC
- Inter Miami CF Signs Colombian Winger Emerson Rodríguez - Inter Miami CF
- CF Montréal Unveils Preseason Match Calendar - Club de Foot Montreal
- New York City FC Sign Nicholas Benalcazar, Jonathan Jimenez and Samuel Owusu to Homegrown Contracts - New York City FC
- New York City FC Announce Preseason for 2022 Season - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- 'With this Mindset, Nobody Can Stop Us': a Look Inside the Rapids' Unprecedented Two Games in 48 Hours
- Auston Trusty, Robin Fraser Receive Team of the Week Honors Following Shutout over LAFC
- Rapids' Defense Remains Steadfast in Trials at Altitude
- Zardes Opens Account, Rapids Dominate MLS Leaders LAFC 2-0
- Preview: Rapids Return to League Play as They Host LAFC on Saturday