Inter Miami CF Signs Colombian Winger Emerson Rodríguez
Inter Miami CF announced today it has signed Colombian winger Emerson Rodríguez from Colombian top-flight powerhouse Millonarios Fútbol Club with a contract through the end of the 2025 Major League Soccer (MLS) season, with a club option for 2026. Rodríguez joins Inter Miami as part of MLS's U22 Initiative and adds attacking threat to the First Team ahead of the club's third MLS season.
The 21-year-old, who will occupy an international roster slot, joins the club pending receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC) and P-1 Visa.
"Emerson is an exciting, dynamic young talent that we are excited to welcome to Inter Miami. His quality reinforces our team's attack to help us achieve our goals this upcoming season," said Inter Miami CF Chief Soccer Officer and Sporting Director Chris Henderson.
Rodríguez has spent the entirety of his career in his native Colombia, coming up through Millonarios Fútbol Club's youth ranks before making his debut for the first team in 2020. In all, the winger has logged 63 appearances to date across all competitions, including valuable experience in the prestigious international competition the CONMEBOL Copa Sudamericana, recording a total eight goals and eight assists.
The Buenaventura, Colombia native was part of Millonarios' youth categories before breaking into the first team in 2020, making his debut in a Liga Dimayor, Colombia's top-flight, in October. In 2020, he clocked in a total 14 appearances in Colombia's first division and two in the CONMEBOL Copa Sudamericana, netting three times and dishing out five assists.
Most recently, In his second year with the team in 2021, Rodríguez continued to solidify himself in the team and made 39 appearances across all competitions for los Millos, registering five goals and three assists. In his two years with the first team, the attacker made 55 appearances across all competitions, scoring eight goals and recording eight assists.
In 2019, prior to becoming a first team player for Millonarios, Rodríguez spent time on loan with Colombian second-tier side Valledupar Fútbol Club, making eight appearances.
Inter Miami fans can join The Heartbeat of the club and secure their seats for the 2022 campaign by becoming Season Ticket Members. Season Ticket Members receive the best prices and priority seating locations for all 2022 home matches. Additional benefits include priority access to home playoff matches, interest free payment options, and discounts on season parking passes. For more information on Season Ticket Memberships, please visit intermiamicf.com/tickets.
Individual match tickets for each of the 17 regular season home matches on the Inter Miami CF schedule - beginning with the highly anticipated home opener on Saturday, February 26 are available visiting https://www.intermiamicf.com/tickets/single. Fans can also call 305-428-0611 to learn more.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 19, 2022
- Record and Play: How Charlotte FC Will Benefit from Video Analysis - Charlotte FC
- Sounders FC Hires Andy Rose as Assistant Coach - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Re-Sign Midfielder Victor Vázquez - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Re-Signs Homegrown Defender Tate Schmitt - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Sign Goalkeeper Matt Bersano to New Contract - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo FC Announce Ticket Promotions for 2022 Season - Houston Dynamo FC
- Sounders FC Re-Signs Goalkeeper Stefan Cleveland - Seattle Sounders FC
- Houston Dynamo FC and Houston Dash Volunteer at Hope Farms with Recipe for Success on Martin Luther King Jr. Day - Houston Dynamo FC
- Colorado Rapids Acquire Midfielder Bryan Acosta - Colorado Rapids
- Inter Miami CF Re-Signs Defender/Midfielder Brek Shea - Inter Miami CF
- U.S. Soccer Selects Orlando to Host Final Home FIFA World Cup Qualifier of 2022 Cycle - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Sign Midfielder Jack Price to Multi-Year Contract Extension - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Re-Sign Midfielder Haris Medunjanin - FC Cincinnati
- Orlando City Signs Defender Rodrigo Schlegel to New Contract - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Sign Defender Danny Wilson to Multi-Year Contract Extension - Colorado Rapids
- Real Salt Lake Academy Adds Jon Spencer as Director of Talent Identification - Real Salt Lake
- Charlotte FC Signs Attacking Midfielder Cristian "Titi" Ortíz from Club Tijuana on Loan Through 2022 - Charlotte FC
- Cristian Ortíz Is 'One of the Best Number Tens for Our Specific Game Model' - Charlotte FC
- Colorado Rapids Sign Midfielder Mark-Anthony Kaye to Four-Year Extension - Colorado Rapids
- Colorado Rapids Sign Defender Keegan Rosenberry to Three-Year Contract Extension - Colorado Rapids
- Sorber and Stalteri Join Toronto FC Coaching Staff for 2022 Season - Toronto FC
- MLS 101: What Is a No. 10? Soccer Jersey Numbers Explained - Charlotte FC
- D.C. United Single-Match Tickets for 2022 Major League Soccer Schedule Now On-Sale - D.C. United
- Sporting KC Signs Defender Robert Voloder - Sporting Kansas City
- Ronald Hernández, Josef Martínez Called up to Venezuela National Team Ahead of Upcoming World Cup Qualifiers - Atlanta United FC
- Inter Miami CF Signs Colombian Winger Emerson Rodríguez - Inter Miami CF
- CF Montréal Unveils Preseason Match Calendar - Club de Foot Montreal
- New York City FC Sign Nicholas Benalcazar, Jonathan Jimenez and Samuel Owusu to Homegrown Contracts - New York City FC
- New York City FC Announce Preseason for 2022 Season - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Neville and Sailor Share Ambition Ahead of U.S. Open Cup Round of 16
- Inter Miami CF to Visit Orlando City SC in the Round of 16 of the Open Cup on Wednesday
- Neville and Callender Named to MLS Team of the Week
- Called Up: Dairon Reyes Called Up to Cuban National Team
- Inter Miami CF Keeps Clean Sheet, Defeats New York Red Bulls