Colorado Concludes Multiple Transactions
WINDSOR, CO. - The Colorado Eagles, proud AHL affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche, have announced that goaltender Trent Miner and forward Sasha Mutala have been released from their amateur tryout agreements. Miner is returning to the Western Hockey League's Vancouver Giants, while Mutala is set to rejoin the WHL's Tri-City Americans. In addition, the Eagles have signed forward Riley Woods to a professional tryout agreement and have recalled forward Ty Lewis from the ECHL's Utah Grizzlies.
Woods has notched one goal and two assists in five AHL games this season with Colorado and has also collected 16 points in 14 games with the Grizzlies. Lewis returns to the Eagles after skating in four games with Colorado earlier this season. The 23-year-old has also notched seven assists in five contests with Utah.
Miner returns to the major-junior ranks after amassing a record of 2-3-1 with the Eagles, posting a 2.86 goals-against average and a .903 save-percentage, in addition to earning his first professional shutout. Mutala picked up his first pro point with an assist against Henderson on March 5th and skated in four total contests with Colorado.
Colorado will return to action when the Eagles host the Henderson Silver Knights on Monday, March 8th at 7:05pm MT. Fans can catch every game this season live on "The Home of the Colorado Eagles," 92.9 The Bear or on AHLTV.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 8, 2021
- Heat Hot Streak Hits Six Games with OT Win - Stockton Heat
- Phantoms Win in Overtime...Again - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rocket: Powered by Female Strength - Laval Rocket
- Phantoms Tickets on Sale Tomorrow - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Blue Jackets Reassign Veini Vehvilainen to Monsters from Taxi Squad - Cleveland Monsters
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack in Overtime, 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Change - Henderson Silver Knights
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Change - AHL
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Change - Colorado Eagles
- Bakersfield's Cooper Marody Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Cooper Marody Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs Rocket March 8th - Belleville Senators
- Heat Seek Sixth-Straight Win Monday at Manitoba - Stockton Heat
- Raptors Announce Month-Long Celebration of Women in Sport - Toronto Marlies
- Hershey Bears Weekly: Home Success Moves Bears to Top of North Division - Hershey Bears
- Colorado Concludes Multiple Transactions - Colorado Eagles
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Taylor Raddysh, Goaltender Spencer Martin from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.