Capitalizing on Confidence: Ingredients of the Match
Charlotte FC is on the verge of making it five straight wins at home but C.F. Montreal will be looking to spoil the streak.
Here are the three ingredients of the match for Montreal.
Capitalize on Confidence
It's been a good week for Charlotte - they got a win in their return home against Inter Miami and advanced to the Round of 16 in the U.S. Open Cup with a decisive 5 - 1 win against the Richmond Kickers in their midweek clash.
The team feels good leading up to their daunting task against C.F. Montreal. There's no way around it, Montreal is a GOOD team, but CLTFC can capitalize on their confidence to match an equally confident team.
"We had the confidence that there is no way that we lose because we feel we are more than 11 players on the pitch," is what head coach Miguel Ramírez had to say after the team's win against Miami last week.
Approaching Montreal with the same mentality is going to be key in the team's effort to keep their home win streak alive. Use the confidence you've built off winning two matches in the past week, the confidence that fans instill in you at home where you haven't lost in four straight matches, and anything is possible in a match where Charlotte is considered by many as the underdog.
In their last outing against Miami, the team shined offensively despite what the final score showed. They were lively and dynamic, threatening when they had the ball. However, some lapses in Charlotte's defensive structure led to some clear scoring opportunities for Miami. Opportunities that a team like Montreal will exploit with their quality.
Defensive discipline and care in not getting dragged too easily out of position will be vital against a front three of Montreal that likes to combine quickly. It's a tall order to keep a sizzling Montreal team from scoring but defensive structure and discipline will give you the best shot at it.
The defensive structure will most likely have to be centered around one man, Djorde Mihailovic. Montreal has a lot of attacking quality, but Mihailovic is the guy. With five goals and four assists this season, the attacking midfielder is an MLS MVP contender.
He can beat you a multitude of ways: off the dribble, precise passing, and even with his set piece delivery. Mihailovic is the type of the player that is seemingly everywhere, so tracking him at all times is of the upmost importance.
In partnership with Harris Teeter, CLTFC is bringing you the Ingredients of the Match ahead of every time our team takes the pitch during this inaugural season. While the ingredients may differ from week to week, one thing we can all agree on is when it comes to matchday, it's all about the food and the preparation and Harris Teeter has what you need. Score big with deals from great brands like Chex Mix and Cheerios from General Mills and Kingsford and Match light Charcoal for your match day personal prep! Harris Teeter, an Official Grocery Store of Charlotte FC!
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 13, 2022
- Preview: Rapids Return to League Play as They Host LAFC on Saturday - Colorado Rapids
- LA Galaxy Welcome Ukrainian Refugee Matvei "Mathew" Mykhalevych as Honorary Team Member - LA Galaxy
- Dynamo, Dash and D2 Tackle Three-Game Slate on Saturday - Houston Dynamo FC
- LAFC to Face Colorado on Saturday, May 14 at Dick's Sporting Goods Park - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Title IX this Sunday with Matchday Elements to Honor Women's Soccer in Washington State - Seattle Sounders FC
- Academy Update: International Duty Roundup - Inter Miami CF
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Returns to the Road to Face Houston Dynamo FC - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New England Revolution - Atlanta United FC
- Austin FC Announces Multi-Year Contract Extension for Head Coach Josh Wolff - Austin FC
- Miguel Ramírez Breaks Down C.F. Montreal and His "Give-Take" Relationship with Fans - Charlotte FC
- Injury Report: One Out, Two Questionable for Columbus Crew - New York City FC
- Sporting KC Travels to Take on Timbers on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire FC Partners with Dawn to Help Tackle Food Insecurity Through New Community Partnership - Chicago Fire FC
- CF Montréal in Charlotte this Saturday - Club de Foot Montreal
- LA Galaxy Announce 2022 Local Broadcast Schedule - LA Galaxy
- Minnesota United Host Union Omaha in Round of 16 in U.S. Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- Capitalizing on Confidence: Ingredients of the Match - Charlotte FC
- New York Red Bulls to Host Charlotte FC at MSU Soccer Park in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes Austin FC Saturday in Sandy for Fifth Consecutive Sellout - Real Salt Lake
- Etihad Player of the Month: Alex Callens Clinches April Award - New York City FC
- FC Cincinnati Conclude Road Stretch at Chicago Fire FC - FC Cincinnati
- Charlotte FC at New York Red Bulls in U.S. Open Round of 16 - Charlotte FC
- Orlando City Travels to Take on Toronto FC - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes to Face Sacramento Republic FC in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 on May 25 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Keys against LAFC: Find a Rhythm and Repeat Decision Day Performance - Colorado Rapids
- New England Revolution Visit New York City FC on May 25 in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Head to Subaru Park for a Saturday Night Matchup with Philadelphia Union - New York Red Bulls
- Q2 Stadium Wins Project of the Year at Austin Business Journal Commercial Real Estate Awards - Austin FC
- LA Galaxy to Host LAFC in Round of 16 of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup at Dignity Health Sports on Wednesday, May 25 - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City SC to Host Inter Miami CF in 2022 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Orlando City SC
- Houston Dynamo FC Travel to Kansas City for Round of 16 in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Houston Dynamo FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.