Miguel Ramírez Breaks Down C.F. Montreal and His "Give-Take" Relationship with Fans
CHARLOTTE - Going into the match against C.F. Montreal, Miguel Ramírez has nothing but admiration for his opponent. Montreal currently sits in 3rd place in the East and hasn't lost for seven games straight, scoring a whopping 18 goals during that streak.
"They are the team I like the most. I really like what they try to do. I don't see anything random. You see some movements and patterns done on purpose. What I really like is the coaching process behind it."
"They are one of the most distinct teams in MLS. They aren't afraid to try new things and that is something I really like."
He praises their ability to be "multi-dimensional" and not a one-trick-pony team others may make them out to be. A key part of Montreal's dynamism is their talisman, Djorde Mahailovic, who is an MVP contender and a focus in CLTFC's planning for this match.
"He's a player that plays between the lines... a player like him, given space, will kill you.
"For me, the most important thing is to not give him space to receive, turn, and fast line because it is where he can dribble, make that last pass or get a shot on target. He always creates something, he's a really creative player and he's able to cause trouble.
"The most important thing is to always be in this stance, to always be aware, to be close to reduce the space and time he can have."
Charlotte FC continues their home stretch, back at Bank of America Stadium, a venue that is getting recognition around the league as one of the best fan atmospheres in MLS. Ramírez has personally received an abundance of support from CLTFC fans, which he attributes to their empathy and his willingness to repay that love and support.
"I don't want to romanticize but at the end of the day, human beings seek love. To give and receive love. I try to give that to the people I work with, the players, the coaching staff, and to the fans as well. I feel very loved and respected. And I want to give the fans the same thing because of what they do for us.
"I think this is a give and take. I think they've understood from the very first day how hard it has been. It hasn't been empathy from me, it's been empathy from the fans."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 13, 2022
- Preview: Rapids Return to League Play as They Host LAFC on Saturday - Colorado Rapids
- LA Galaxy Welcome Ukrainian Refugee Matvei "Mathew" Mykhalevych as Honorary Team Member - LA Galaxy
- Dynamo, Dash and D2 Tackle Three-Game Slate on Saturday - Houston Dynamo FC
- LAFC to Face Colorado on Saturday, May 14 at Dick's Sporting Goods Park - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Title IX this Sunday with Matchday Elements to Honor Women's Soccer in Washington State - Seattle Sounders FC
- Academy Update: International Duty Roundup - Inter Miami CF
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Returns to the Road to Face Houston Dynamo FC - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New England Revolution - Atlanta United FC
- Austin FC Announces Multi-Year Contract Extension for Head Coach Josh Wolff - Austin FC
- Miguel Ramírez Breaks Down C.F. Montreal and His "Give-Take" Relationship with Fans - Charlotte FC
- Injury Report: One Out, Two Questionable for Columbus Crew - New York City FC
- Sporting KC Travels to Take on Timbers on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire FC Partners with Dawn to Help Tackle Food Insecurity Through New Community Partnership - Chicago Fire FC
- CF Montréal in Charlotte this Saturday - Club de Foot Montreal
- LA Galaxy Announce 2022 Local Broadcast Schedule - LA Galaxy
- Minnesota United Host Union Omaha in Round of 16 in U.S. Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- Capitalizing on Confidence: Ingredients of the Match - Charlotte FC
- New York Red Bulls to Host Charlotte FC at MSU Soccer Park in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes Austin FC Saturday in Sandy for Fifth Consecutive Sellout - Real Salt Lake
- Etihad Player of the Month: Alex Callens Clinches April Award - New York City FC
- FC Cincinnati Conclude Road Stretch at Chicago Fire FC - FC Cincinnati
- Charlotte FC at New York Red Bulls in U.S. Open Round of 16 - Charlotte FC
- Orlando City Travels to Take on Toronto FC - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes to Face Sacramento Republic FC in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 on May 25 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Keys against LAFC: Find a Rhythm and Repeat Decision Day Performance - Colorado Rapids
- New England Revolution Visit New York City FC on May 25 in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Head to Subaru Park for a Saturday Night Matchup with Philadelphia Union - New York Red Bulls
- Q2 Stadium Wins Project of the Year at Austin Business Journal Commercial Real Estate Awards - Austin FC
- LA Galaxy to Host LAFC in Round of 16 of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup at Dignity Health Sports on Wednesday, May 25 - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City SC to Host Inter Miami CF in 2022 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Orlando City SC
- Houston Dynamo FC Travel to Kansas City for Round of 16 in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Houston Dynamo FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.