Canucks Assign Rookie Defenseman to Kalamazoo
KALAMAZOO, MI - The Kalamazoo Wings, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Vancouver Canucks, added defenseman Mitch Eliot to the roster Friday after the Canucks assigned the rookie prospect to Kalamazoo from the American Hockey League's Utica Comets.
Eliot, 21, signed with Vancouver as an undrafted free agent last December during his final season of juniors with the Ontario Hockey League's Sarnia Sting. The Grosse Pointe, Michigan native recorded 55 points (17g, 38a) from the Sting blue line in 2018-19.
The 6-foot-0, 190-pound defenseman originally attended Michigan State University, but left the program during his sophomore season in 2017-18 for Sarnia to continue his career at the Canadian Junior level. Prior to joining the Spartans, Eliot spent two seasons in the United States Hockey League with the Muskegon Lumberjacks from 2014-16.
Kalamazoo opens the season Saturday at 7:35 p.m. against the Fort Wayne Komets at Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. The K-Wings will be hosting an official watch party at 7:00 p.m. out at Old Burdick's at Wings West, featuring the game on the big screen, prizes and specials on food and drinks.
The K-Wings' 46th Home Opener is Saturday, Oct. 19 against the Cincinnati Cyclones at 7:00 p.m. at the Wings Event Center, following Fan Fest leading up to the game.
2019-20 K-Wings season tickets, partial plans and 5-packs are on sale now! Visit kwings.com/tickets for details.
Book your group for one of Kalamazoo's five biggest games and every member of the group will receive a K-Wings knit hat. Head to kwings.com/groups for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 11, 2019
- Topping It off with an Overtime Win - Allen Americans
- Fuel Battle to the Finish in OT Win over Thunder - Indy Fuel
- Steelheads Open Season with 3-2 Win over Grizzlies - Idaho Steelheads
- Oilers Gallop Past Mavericks on Opening Night - Tulsa Oilers
- Everblades Edge Norfolk on Opening Night - Norfolk Admirals
- Mavericks Drop Season Opener in Tulsa, 5-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Spoil Mariners' Home Opener, Win 5-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Opening Statement: 'Blades Top Admirals 4-3 to Pick up First Win - Florida Everblades
- Mariners Comeback Attempt Falls Short in Home Opener - Maine Mariners
- Royals Overcome Third-Period Deficit for 6-5 Win on Opening Night - Reading Royals
- Growlers Fall 6-5 in Home Opener to Reading - Newfoundland Growlers
- Game Notes: at Allen - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Announce Captains for 2019-20 Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Nailers Announce 2019-20 Roster & Captains - Wheeling Nailers
- John Gurskis Hired as an Assistant Coach - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Name Leadership Team for 2019-20 Season - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Welcome Jewett Orthopaedic Clinic as New Rink Naming Rights Partner - Orlando Solar Bears
- Canucks Assign Rookie Defenseman to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- IceMen Receive Pair of Defensemen from AHL Manitoba - Jacksonville IceMen
- Hensick to Wear the C - Toledo Walleye
- Beast Announce Leadership Group Ahead of Home Opener - Brampton Beast
- Preview: Everblades vs Admirals - Opening Night - Norfolk Admirals
- Growlers Pregame Notes: October 11 vs. Reading Royals - Newfoundland Growlers
- Royals Look to Spoil Growlers' Home Opener - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.