IceMen Receive Pair of Defensemen from AHL Manitoba
JACKSONVILLE, FL - The Jacksonville Icemen, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Winnipeg Jets and AHL's Manitoba Moose announced Friday that defensemen Jacob Cederholm and Charles-Daniel Beaudoin have been assigned to the team from AHL Manitoba.
Cederholm, 21, returns to the Icemen where he logged six points (1g, 5a) in 25 regular season games played while recording a goal in six playoff appearances last season. In addition, the 6-4, 211-pound defenseman also appeared in nine AHL contests with Manitoba last season. Cederholm began his career playing in Sweden's hockey circuit and was selected by the Winnipeg Jets in the fourth-round of the 2016 NHL Entry Draft.
Beaudoin, 25, joins the Icemen after posting seven points (1g, 6a) in 57 games with Manitoba last season. The 5-10, 180-pound blueliner has 17 points (2g, 15a) in 99 career AHL games. Beaudoin previously played for current Icemen head coach Jason Christie during a brief five-game stint with the Tulsa Oilers (ECHL) in 2016-17 season. Beaudoin captained his hometown Drummondville Voltigeurs for two seasons before winning a Quebec Major Junior Hockey League title with the Rimouski Oceanic in 2015. Beaudoin also won the QMJHL's Humanitarian of the Year Award for the 2013-14 season.
The Icemen open the 2019-2020 season at home on Saturday, October 12 against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits. The game is sold out. Flexible ticket packages and discounted group tickets remain available for all future games. Contact 904-602-7825 for more information.
The 2019-20 Jacksonville Icemen Season is Presented by Community First Credit Union.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 11, 2019
- Topping It off with an Overtime Win - Allen Americans
- Fuel Battle to the Finish in OT Win over Thunder - Indy Fuel
- Steelheads Open Season with 3-2 Win over Grizzlies - Idaho Steelheads
- Oilers Gallop Past Mavericks on Opening Night - Tulsa Oilers
- Everblades Edge Norfolk on Opening Night - Norfolk Admirals
- Mavericks Drop Season Opener in Tulsa, 5-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Spoil Mariners' Home Opener, Win 5-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Opening Statement: 'Blades Top Admirals 4-3 to Pick up First Win - Florida Everblades
- Mariners Comeback Attempt Falls Short in Home Opener - Maine Mariners
- Royals Overcome Third-Period Deficit for 6-5 Win on Opening Night - Reading Royals
- Growlers Fall 6-5 in Home Opener to Reading - Newfoundland Growlers
- Game Notes: at Allen - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Announce Captains for 2019-20 Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Nailers Announce 2019-20 Roster & Captains - Wheeling Nailers
- John Gurskis Hired as an Assistant Coach - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Name Leadership Team for 2019-20 Season - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Welcome Jewett Orthopaedic Clinic as New Rink Naming Rights Partner - Orlando Solar Bears
- Canucks Assign Rookie Defenseman to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- IceMen Receive Pair of Defensemen from AHL Manitoba - Jacksonville IceMen
- Hensick to Wear the C - Toledo Walleye
- Beast Announce Leadership Group Ahead of Home Opener - Brampton Beast
- Preview: Everblades vs Admirals - Opening Night - Norfolk Admirals
- Growlers Pregame Notes: October 11 vs. Reading Royals - Newfoundland Growlers
- Royals Look to Spoil Growlers' Home Opener - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jacksonville IceMen Stories
- IceMen's Arena Lease Extended Through 2030-31 Season
- IceMen to Host a Virtual Opening Night on Saturday, October 24
- IceMen Bring Back Luke Shiplo & Craig Martin
- IceMen Announce Initial Schedule for the 2020-21 Season
- ECHL & IceMen to Begin 2020-21 Season on December 11