Rush Name Leadership Team for 2019-20 Season
(RAPID CITY, SD) - The Rapid City Rush, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Arizona Coyotes, announced today the leadership team for the 2019-20 season ahead of their season-opening showdown against the Allen Americans tonight. Josh Elmes, Cedric Montminy, and Peter Quenneville will serve as Assistant Captains to begin the year.
Elmes will reprise his role as an Assistant Captain of the Rush for a third season, first earning the honor in his rookie season with the team in 2017-18. The 6'2", 210-pound blue liner shattered career-highs in every category in the Black Hills last season, scoring 5 goals and notching 14 assists along with 73 PIM in 59 games. In a Rush uniform, he has 5 goals, 27 assists, and 32 points with 133 PIM in 118 games. At the conclusion of the 2017-18 ECHL season, Elmes was presented with the "Blaine Jarvis Heart and Soul Award", commending his leadership in the locker room, as well as his contributions to the Rapid City community.
Montminy earns the Assistant Captaincy for a second straight season, first earning the honor as a rookie last year. In 2018-19, the 5'11", 190-pound forward became the fifth rookie in team history to amass 20 goals in a season, which led the team. He coupled that with 18 assists for 38 points in 60 games, which served as the second-highest point total on the roster. Montminy also became the fourth player in team history to record a 20 goal-100+ PIM season, and the first rookie to accomplish the task. Montminy became the fourth recipient of the "Blaine Jarvis Heart and Soul Award", following Elmes as the second rookie in team history to receive the honor.
Quenneville makes his return to North American professional hockey with the Rush following three seasons playing across Europe. Last season, the 6'0", 185-pound forward played with Sparta Sarpsborg in Norway and averaged over a point-per-game, tallying 20 goals, 30 assists, and 50 points in 48 games, along with a +14 rating. Previously with the Aalborg Pirates in Denmark, Quenneville was the league's leading goal-scorer in 2017 (30g in 45 games), and won the 2018 Danish League and Danish Cup Championships. In his career, Quenneville has played in 185 games, and amassed 72 goals, 70 assists, and 142 points, and a +27 rating. He was drafted by the Columbus Blue Jackets in the 2013 NHL Draft (7th Rd-#195).
The Rush begin the 2019-20 ECHL season on the road for the first five games of the year, beginning on Friday, October 11th against the Allen Americans. Puck drop for the season-opening showdown is slated for 6:05 p.m. MST. To celebrate, the Rush have partnered with Buffalo Wild Wings to host a watch party for the first game of the season. Come join the Rush staff, Lady Miners, and Nugget and cheer the Rush on as they begin the season! The game will be featured on the main screen with audio, and there will be prize giveaways throughout the night!
Download the Rapid City Rush App on iTunes and GooglePlay to keep up to speed on all Rush news as we approach the 2019-20 ECHL season!
Season Tickets for all 36 home games are on sale now! Call the Rush office at 716-7825 to secure your seats today
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 11, 2019
- Topping It off with an Overtime Win - Allen Americans
- Fuel Battle to the Finish in OT Win over Thunder - Indy Fuel
- Steelheads Open Season with 3-2 Win over Grizzlies - Idaho Steelheads
- Oilers Gallop Past Mavericks on Opening Night - Tulsa Oilers
- Everblades Edge Norfolk on Opening Night - Norfolk Admirals
- Mavericks Drop Season Opener in Tulsa, 5-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder Spoil Mariners' Home Opener, Win 5-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Opening Statement: 'Blades Top Admirals 4-3 to Pick up First Win - Florida Everblades
- Mariners Comeback Attempt Falls Short in Home Opener - Maine Mariners
- Royals Overcome Third-Period Deficit for 6-5 Win on Opening Night - Reading Royals
- Growlers Fall 6-5 in Home Opener to Reading - Newfoundland Growlers
- Game Notes: at Allen - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Announce Captains for 2019-20 Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Nailers Announce 2019-20 Roster & Captains - Wheeling Nailers
- John Gurskis Hired as an Assistant Coach - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Name Leadership Team for 2019-20 Season - Rapid City Rush
- Solar Bears Welcome Jewett Orthopaedic Clinic as New Rink Naming Rights Partner - Orlando Solar Bears
- Canucks Assign Rookie Defenseman to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- IceMen Receive Pair of Defensemen from AHL Manitoba - Jacksonville IceMen
- Hensick to Wear the C - Toledo Walleye
- Beast Announce Leadership Group Ahead of Home Opener - Brampton Beast
- Preview: Everblades vs Admirals - Opening Night - Norfolk Admirals
- Growlers Pregame Notes: October 11 vs. Reading Royals - Newfoundland Growlers
- Royals Look to Spoil Growlers' Home Opener - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.