Bulls Comeback Comes up Short in 3-2 Loss in Idaho
BOISE, Idaho. - Scott Langdon scored in his debut as captain, but the San Francisco Bulls (18-25-1-6) were defeated by the Idaho Steelheads (32-13-1-4), 3-2 Tuesday night at CenturyLink Arena. Taylor Nelson made 30 saves, and Cody Carlson extended his point streak to four games. The Bulls remain in eighth place in the Western Conference and two points behind the Utah Grizzlies for the seventh seed.
Langdon scored the first goal of the game at 4:41 of the first period to give the Bulls an early lead. The initial shot deflected up over the shoulder of Idaho goalie Tyler Beskorowany and into the top corner. Langdon's second goal of the season was assisted by Carlson and Jonathan Lessard. Hans Benson made his presence known a minute later when he dropped the gloves with Scott Todd. Lessard also got into the action when he dropped the gloves with Sam Carrick well after a stoppage of play.
It took only 25 seconds for the Steelheads to tie the game in the second period. Brett Robinson equalized the game on the power play. Jeremie Blain and Tristan King picked up the assists on Robinson's third goal of the season. Idaho took their first lead of the game at 9:22 of the second period. The Bulls had just killed a minor penalty to Jordan Clendenning, but the Steelheads took advantage of the momentum of the power play, and scored to take a 2-1 lead. Carrick scored his 15th goal of the season from David de Kastrozza and Matt Case at 9:22 of the second period. King picked up his second point of the period on his 18th goal of the season with 6:10 remaining in the period. Pretty passing by David Toews and Tyler Gron led to an easy finish for King.
Jordan Morrison brought San Francisco within one with five minutes remaining in the third period on the power play. Morrison waited patiently as he came across the slot then fired the puck past Beskorowany for his 14th goal of the season. Christian Ouellet and Sebastien Trudeau picked up the assists. The Bulls pulled Nelson late in the game, but could not find the game-tying goal.
The Bulls continue their road trip tomorrow night against the Steelheads at 6:10 pm (Pacific). San Francisco will then travel to Stockton on Saturday to take on the Thunder at 7:30 pm. The Bulls return home on Sunday at 2:15 pm to face off against Stockton at the Cow Palace. Sunday will be Pucks and Paws day at the Cow Palace. Bring your dog to the game, and the first 500 fans will receive a pet bowl. You MUST call the Bulls office at 855-SF-BULLS ahead of time to bring your dog to the game. In honor of Hockey Across America Week, all fans can shoot on the Bulls goal following the game.
Bulletins: The Bulls are 15-5-1-1 when they score first...Mikael Tam was a late scratch for San Francisco after being assigned by Worcester(AHL)...The Bulls out-shot the Steelheads 37-33...Peter Sivak had his three-game point streak snapped.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 13, 2013
- Big Third from Bulls KO's Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Jackals Tame the Royals - Elmira Jackals
- Bishop, Jakaitis Lift Stingrays over Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Former Aces Forward Peluso Makes NHL Debut - Alaska Aces
- Military Appreciation Weekend Coming Friday - Stockton Thunder
- Cyclones Acquire Defenseman Sean Duddy from Gwinnett - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Trenton Titans Week in Review - Week Ending February 10 - Trenton Titans
- Busy Saturday at Wings Stadium - Kalamazoo Wings
- Grizzlies, My Utah TV Announce Broadcast Schedule - Utah Grizzlies
- Pucks and Paws at the Cow Palace this Sunday, February 17 - San Francisco Bulls
- Glads Acquire Rights to Army Lieutenant Alvarez - Atlanta Gladiators
- K-Wings Young Heads to Albany - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - February 13 - ECHL
- Road Warriors Announce Pink in the Rink Night - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Houston Aeros Recall John Curry - Orlando Solar Bears
- Defensemen Cross and Button Assigned to Stingrays from Providence - South Carolina Stingrays
- The Elmira Jackals Want Your Mac-And-Cheese - Elmira Jackals
- IceCaps Recall Chris Carrozzi - Ontario Reign
- Bulls and Steelheads Rematch in Idaho - San Francisco Bulls
- Marc Cheverie Recalled by Binghamton - Elmira Jackals
- Bloodoff Assigned from AHL Portland - Atlanta Gladiators
- Peluso and Kuemper Give ECHL over 500 Players to Play in NHL - ECHL
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Game Preview: 2-For-1 Tickets Tonight vs. Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - February 13 - ECHL
- Bulls Comeback Comes up Short in 3-2 Loss in Idaho - San Francisco Bulls
- Idaho Holds on to Beat Bulls, 3-2 - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.