Bradley, Hildebrand Power K-Wings to Game 5 Victory
Kalamazoo, MI.- A early second period goal from Brendan Bradley paired with a 20-save performance from Jake Hildebrand was the recipe for the K-Wings on Saturday night as they topped the Cyclones 2-1, forcing Game 6 on Tuesday night in Cincinnati.
The K-Wings scored first for the second straight night and fourth time in the series, this time on the power play. Kyle Bushee let a shot from the left point fly through traffic towards the cage. Parked in front Tanner Sorenson tipped the puck past Michael Houser to give the K-Wings the 1-0 lead.
Kalamazoo doubled the lead less than a minute into the middle frame. Brendan Bradley looped through the high slot before wristing a shot into the top corner, putting the K-Wings up 2-0. Late in the second Ben Johnson got the Cyclones on the board, swatting a puck from the left circle past Jake Hildebrand to cut the lead to 2-1. Johnson's goal was all the Cyclones would score though, as Hildebrand shut the door the rest of the way. Kalamazoo held onto the one goal lead, weathering a late storm and skating out of Wings Event Center with a 2-1 victory.
Hildebrand finished the night making 20 saves on 21 shots en route to his second victory of the post season. Houser stopped 32 of 34 shots in the defeat. Kalamazoo finished the night 1-for-6 on the man-advantage while holding the Cyclones scoreless on five attempts.
The Cyclones hold the edge in the best-of-seven series, leading the K-Wings 3-2. Kalamazoo and Cincinnati will play Game 6 on Tuesday night with puck drop set for 7:35 pm.
Kalamazoo Wings full season tickets are available now for the 2019-20 season! More information can be gathered at www.kwings.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 20, 2019
- Mavericks Claim Game Five with Four-Goal Second Period - Kansas City Mavericks
- Big Ben: Masella's Four-Point Game Lifts 'Blades over IceMen in Game 5 - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Eliminate Stingrays in Game 5 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Oilers Left with Sour Taste in Game 5 - Tulsa Oilers
- Cyclones Come up Short in Game 5 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Bradley, Hildebrand Power K-Wings to Game 5 Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Monarchs Advance to Second Round with 7-1 Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Adirondack's Season Ends with Game 5 Loss to Manchester - Adirondack Thunder
- Beast Thump Growlers 8-2 for Big Game Five Victory - Brampton Beast
- Beast Force Game Six at Mile One Centre - Newfoundland Growlers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - April 20 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 5 vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Otto Somppi Added to Solar Bears Playoff Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Day: K-Wings Host Game 5 Saturday Night at Wings Event Center - Kalamazoo Wings
- Insider Adam Turner on Utah's OT Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Fall in OT in Game 4 - Utah Grizzlies
- Three-Goal Second Period Gives Solar Bears 4-1 Win and 3-1 Series Lead over Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Steelheads Erase Three-Goal Deficit, Complete Comeback in 5-4 Overtime Win in Game 4 - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.