"BOLD": Introducing FC Cincinnati's primary 2020 kit
CINCINNATI - Major League Soccer and adidas unveiled the league's complete 26-piece collection of 2020 jerseys - including the second of two new 2020 FC Cincinnati kits - tonight at the FORWARD25 Celebration at Penn Plaza Pavilion, ahead of New York City's Fashion Week.
The FC Cincinnati jersey unveiled tonight - the "BOLD" kit - will be the primary uniform worn in games played at Nippert Stadium, as well as selected road games. This past December, the team released its alternate uniform - the "Heritage Link" kit - which will generally be worn on the road this year and will be carried over through the 2021 season.
Among the celebrities, sports stars and influencers who modeled each of the league's 26 jerseys at tonight's FORWARD25 unveiling event was West End resident and local fifth-grade student Arlando Griffin.
ABOUT THE "BOLD" KIT
FC Cincinnati's "BOLD" kit is one of the primary EQT kits released on Wednesday night. BOLD is a traditional half-and-half jersey that plays a royal blue half against a stark navy half to create a central contrast down the chest, signifying the on-field battle between two teams. The color play of the royal and navy also allows the orange, iconic EQT stripes on the right shoulder to stand out. Royal encompasses the landscape of both shoulders and sleeves, setting off the thick navy V-neck trim. The orange and blue FCC-specific MLS 25th Celebration crest is affixed to the royal area on both sleeves, just above a wide navy band at the base of the sleeve.
Additional design nods include Cincinnati's city motto, "Juncta Juvant" (Strength in Unity), strategically stitched inside the jersey on the neck tape - just inside the trim - so all who don the jersey are reminded of the region's deep civic pride.
The jersey also features an orange raised crown at the back of the neck - the first introduction of a new secondary club logo. The crown symbolizes the "Queen City" - Cincinnati's nickname - and also both the club's strength in the community, as well as replicates the crown atop the lion's head in the club crest.
The full kit features navy shorts, with the FCC crest above the right hem and an orange adidas logo above the left hem. The players' socks are tri-colored. Primarily navy down the length of the lower leg, they feature orange EQT stripes in a hoop formation around the calf and a royal blue flash of fabric at the top by the knee.
As an additional on-field option in 2020, the club will also be able to wear orange shorts with the BOLD kit.
GETTING THE "BOLD" KIT
The BOLD kits are available for sale immediately at MLSStore.com and later tonight at FC Cincinnati's Instagram account.
They will be available for sale in person at the FC Cincinnati Downtown Shop (43 East Fourth St., Cincinnati, OH 45202) starting tomorrow, Thursday, Feb. 6. The FCC Shop will open at 10 a.m. and remain open until 6 p.m.
Men's authentic BOLD kits will retail for $130, while replica men's ($90), women's ($80) and youth ($70) versions will also be available. Prices are set by adidas and are universal across all 2020 MLS jerseys.
Fans can also have jerseys customized at the FCC Downtown Shop for $30 regardless of purchase location, with a two-week turnaround expected from the time the customization order is accepted at the shop.
*** As a thank you to fans purchasing the jersey after work on Thursday, the club's new Designated Player signing Jürgen Locadia will appear at the FCC Downtown Shop at 5 p.m. to meet fans purchasing the new jersey. ***
Images from this story
FC Cincinnati BOLD kit
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 5, 2020
- Preseason Game Report #2: Montreal Impact 0-1 Philadelphia Union - Club de Foot Montreal
- New York Red Bulls and Ninja Unveil 2020 Dark Mode Kit - New York Red Bulls
- Major League Soccer and adidas Reveal 2020 Jersey Collection at Star-Studded FORWARD25 Event - MLS
- Minnesota United Presents 2020 Wing Kit - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City SC Reveals 2020 Heart & Sol Away Kit Presented by Orlando Health - Orlando City SC
- First-Ever Inter Miami Jersey Revealed by Academy Players - Inter Miami CF
- Sporting Unveils New Secondary Jersey - Sporting Kansas City
- Colorado Rapids Unveil New 2020 Primary Kit at FORWARD25 Event - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC Launches First Major League Soccer Away Jersey - Nashville SC
- Your Jersey Is Here: Inter Miami CF Unveils Inaugural Away Jersey "The RosaNegra" - Inter Miami CF
- Major League Soccer, adidas reveal Atlanta United's King's Kit at #FORWARD25 celebration - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Unveils New Primary Black Jersey for 2020-21 Seasons - Los Angeles FC
- Whitecaps FC Unveil the Wave Jersey for 2020 Season - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire FC Unveils the 2020 Homecoming Kit - Chicago Fire FC
- Major League Soccer and adidas Reveal New 2020 Club Jerseys at #forward25 Celebration - D.C. United
- Impact Unveils New Secondary Kit - Club de Foot Montreal
- FC Dallas Unveils the Legacy Kit for 2020 Season - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Unveils New Primary Rave Green Kit for 2020-2021 Seasons - Seattle Sounders FC
- "BOLD": Introducing FC Cincinnati's primary 2020 kit - FC Cincinnati
- Alashe nets decisive goal in FCC's final match in Arizona - FC Cincinnati
- Sounders FC Earns 6-2 Win over Sacramento Republic FC in Preseason Friendly at CenturyLink Field - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Sign Defender Nick DePuy - LA Galaxy
- Colorado Rapids 2020 Preseason Roster Update - Colorado Rapids
- Sounders FC Signs Defender Yeimar Gomez Andrade - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Host Victoria Block Party at Dignity Health Sports Park this Saturday, February 8 - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati Sign Moroccan Midfielder Adrien Regattin - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati and TQL Stadium Support Career Development
- FC Cincinnati Equalize Twice, Draw 2-2 with New England Revolution
- FC Cincinnati Travel to Face New England Revolution in Third Matchup this Season
- Brenner Voted MLS Player of the Week Presented by Continental Tire for Week 17
- TQL Stadium to Host Cincy Beerfest on August 20