FC Cincinnati Sign Moroccan Midfielder Adrien Regattin
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati have signed Moroccan midfielder Adrien Regattin (pronounced ah-dree-UHN REH-guh-ten).
Regattin, 28, will occupy an international roster spot and be added to FC Cincinnati's 2020 roster upon the receipt of his International Transfer Certificate and P1 Visa when the Primary Transfer Window opens on Feb. 12.
The midfielder has made 279 career appearances, including 163 starts, scoring 25 goals and adding 27 assists in 10 professional seasons in France and Turkey. Regattin joins FC Cincinnati after playing for top division sides Toulouse FC (2009-16), Osmanlispor (2016-18) and Akhisar Belediyespor (2018-19).
"We are happy to add a versatile attack-minded player in Adrien to our current group," FC Cincinnati General Manager Gerard Nijkamp said. "We look forward to getting him acclimated with the club and city ahead of our second MLS season."
Regattin's professional career began in 2009 with Ligue 1 side Toulouse FC. The midfielder went on to make 163 appearances, including 79 starts, scoring 11 goals and adding 19 assists across all competitions in seven seasons in France. Regattin appeared in at least 20 matches in each of his final five campaigns in France.
Following the conclusion of the 2015-16 Ligue 1 season, Regattin joined Turkish Süper Lig side Osmanlispor. He made 80 appearances, including 59 starts, scoring nine goals and adding six assists in three campaigns with the Ankara based club. Regattin featured in all eight of the club's UEFA Europa League matches during the 2016-17 edition of the tournament.
After Osmanlispor were relegated to the Turkish second tier following the 2017-18 season, Regattin returned to the Süper Lig by joining Akhisar Belediyespor prior to the close of the summer transfer window. He made 36 appearances, including 25 starts, scoring five goals and adding two assists across all competitions in his lone campaign with Akhisar Belediyespor. The midfielder made five appearances in 2018-19 UEFA Europa League group-stage matches.
FC Cincinnati will return to the field for their second MLS season on Sunday, March 1, when the team opens the season in Harrison, N.J., against the New York Red Bulls. After a road game at Atlanta United FC on Saturday, March 7, FCC will open its 2020 home slate on Saturday, March 14, when the team hosts D.C. United at Nippert Stadium in a 5:30 p.m. game.
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati.
Transaction: FC Cincinnati signed midfielder Adrien Regattin on Feb. 5, 2020.
#9 ADRIEN REGATTIN
Pronunciation: ah-dree-UHN REH-guh-ten
Birthdate: Aug. 22, 1991
Birthplace: Champigny-sur-Marne, France
Hometown: Champigny-sur-Marne, France
Last Club: Akhisar Belediyespor (TUR)
Nationality: Morocco, France
MLS Roster Status: International
How Acquired: Via signing on Feb. 5, 2020.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 5, 2020
- Preseason Game Report #2: Montreal Impact 0-1 Philadelphia Union - Montreal Impact
- New York Red Bulls and Ninja Unveil 2020 Dark Mode Kit - New York Red Bulls
- Major League Soccer and adidas Reveal 2020 Jersey Collection at Star-Studded FORWARD25 Event - MLS
- Minnesota United Presents 2020 Wing Kit - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City SC Reveals 2020 Heart & Sol Away Kit Presented by Orlando Health - Orlando City SC
- First-Ever Inter Miami Jersey Revealed by Academy Players - Inter Miami CF
- Sporting Unveils New Secondary Jersey - Sporting Kansas City
- Colorado Rapids Unveil New 2020 Primary Kit at FORWARD25 Event - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC Launches First Major League Soccer Away Jersey - Nashville SC
- Your Jersey Is Here: Inter Miami CF Unveils Inaugural Away Jersey "The RosaNegra" - Inter Miami CF
- Major League Soccer, adidas reveal Atlanta United's King's Kit at #FORWARD25 celebration - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Unveils New Primary Black Jersey for 2020-21 Seasons - Los Angeles FC
- Whitecaps FC Unveil the Wave Jersey for 2020 Season - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire FC Unveils the 2020 Homecoming Kit - Chicago Fire
- Major League Soccer and adidas Reveal New 2020 Club Jerseys at #forward25 Celebration - D.C. United
- Impact Unveils New Secondary Kit - Montreal Impact
- FC Dallas Unveils the Legacy Kit for 2020 Season - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Unveils New Primary Rave Green Kit for 2020-2021 Seasons - Seattle Sounders FC
- "BOLD": Introducing FC Cincinnati's primary 2020 kit - FC Cincinnati
- Alashe nets decisive goal in FCC's final match in Arizona - FC Cincinnati
- Sounders FC Earns 6-2 Win over Sacramento Republic FC in Preseason Friendly at CenturyLink Field - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Sign Defender Nick DePuy - LA Galaxy
- Colorado Rapids 2020 Preseason Roster Update - Colorado Rapids
- Sounders FC Signs Defender Yeimar Gomez Andrade - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Host Victoria Block Party at Dignity Health Sports Park this Saturday, February 8 - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati Sign Moroccan Midfielder Adrien Regattin - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: July 13, 2020
- Slow Start in Return to Play for FC Cincinnati
- FC Cincinnati Celebrate West End Stadium Construction Milestone
- FC Cincinnati Announce Shoulder Programming for MLS Is Back Tournament
- FC Cincinnati launch "WFH" Kits ahead of MLS is Back Tournament