Sporting Unveils New Secondary Jersey
Sporting Kansas City's new secondary kit for the 2020 MLS season was unveiled Wednesday night during the FORWARD25 Jersey Celebration, taking place at the Penn Plaza Pavilion ahead of Fashion Week in New York City.
Featuring a Dark Indigo base with Sporting Blue Swiss Dots, the new secondary jersey is now available for purchase at MLSstore.com.
Supporters can also buy the kit at Sporting's 2020 Season Launch Party, presented by Ivy Investments, on Thursday at Children's Mercy Park. Held in partnership with adidas and Michelob Ultra, the event will run from 5-8:30 p.m. CT, highlighted by autograph opportunities with all Sporting players and the chance to buy the Swiss dot jersey. Guests who buy the kit at the launch party will receive a $10 SportingStyle gift card with their purchase.
Supporters planning to attend the Season Launch Party on Thursday must secure one of two ticket options via SeatGeek.com. Fans can claim a complimentary ticket, granting free admission to the event, or upgrade to a $10 ticket that includes a 10-item premium food tasting from the revamped concession locations at Children's Mercy Park.
The new secondary kit is inspired by the iconic silver metal fins that make up the exterior of Children's Mercy Park, grounded in traditional Dark Indigo and Sporting Blue colors with metallic silver adidas EQT stripes on the right shoulder. Additional metallic silver elements include the Sporting crest, adidas logo and Ivy Investment wordmark, with Sporting Blue Swiss Dots adorning the contemporary jersey. Dark Indigo shorts and socks round out the full secondary kit.
To commemorate Major League Soccer's 25th season, the full collection of new 2020 MLS kits was presented at Wednesday's jersey celebration event. All newly released jerseys feature the iconic 3-stripe adidas EQT (equipment) designs, which first debuted in the 1990s when MLS was formed and have been bought back for the all-new, 26-team collection.
Additionally, adidas and MLS unveiled the official MLS name and number jersey font for 2020. A dynamic, energetic and bold graphic typeface, the font introduces a layering tri-line effect. The font was designed in collaboration with MLS by Rick Banks, lead designer and typographer of Face37, an award-winning graphic design studio based in Manchester, England.
One of nine MLS charter members, Sporting will kick off the 2020 campaign on Feb. 29 at Vancouver Whitecaps FC before hosting rivals Houston Dynamo in the club's home opener on March 7.
The best way to guarantee tickets for 2020 home matches is to join the Sporting Kansas City family and become a Season Ticket Member. Several multi-game ticket packages for the 2020 campaign are also on sale, including the limited-time Home Opener Pack that bundles the game on March 7 with two flex matches. Single-game tickets for Sporting's first 10 home contests will go on sale to the general public this Friday at noon CT.
Images from this story
Sporting Kansas City secondary jersey
Sporting Kansas City secondary jersey
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 5, 2020
- Preseason Game Report #2: Montreal Impact 0-1 Philadelphia Union - Montreal Impact
- New York Red Bulls and Ninja Unveil 2020 Dark Mode Kit - New York Red Bulls
- Major League Soccer and adidas Reveal 2020 Jersey Collection at Star-Studded FORWARD25 Event - MLS
- Minnesota United Presents 2020 Wing Kit - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City SC Reveals 2020 Heart & Sol Away Kit Presented by Orlando Health - Orlando City SC
- First-Ever Inter Miami Jersey Revealed by Academy Players - Inter Miami CF
- Sporting Unveils New Secondary Jersey - Sporting Kansas City
- Colorado Rapids Unveil New 2020 Primary Kit at FORWARD25 Event - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC Launches First Major League Soccer Away Jersey - Nashville SC
- Your Jersey Is Here: Inter Miami CF Unveils Inaugural Away Jersey "The RosaNegra" - Inter Miami CF
- Major League Soccer, adidas reveal Atlanta United's King's Kit at #FORWARD25 celebration - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Unveils New Primary Black Jersey for 2020-21 Seasons - Los Angeles FC
- Whitecaps FC Unveil the Wave Jersey for 2020 Season - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire FC Unveils the 2020 Homecoming Kit - Chicago Fire
- Major League Soccer and adidas Reveal New 2020 Club Jerseys at #forward25 Celebration - D.C. United
- Impact Unveils New Secondary Kit - Montreal Impact
- FC Dallas Unveils the Legacy Kit for 2020 Season - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Unveils New Primary Rave Green Kit for 2020-2021 Seasons - Seattle Sounders FC
- "BOLD": Introducing FC Cincinnati's primary 2020 kit - FC Cincinnati
- Alashe nets decisive goal in FCC's final match in Arizona - FC Cincinnati
- Sounders FC Earns 6-2 Win over Sacramento Republic FC in Preseason Friendly at CenturyLink Field - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Sign Defender Nick DePuy - LA Galaxy
- Colorado Rapids 2020 Preseason Roster Update - Colorado Rapids
- Sounders FC Signs Defender Yeimar Gomez Andrade - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Host Victoria Block Party at Dignity Health Sports Park this Saturday, February 8 - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati Sign Moroccan Midfielder Adrien Regattin - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.