Chicago Fire FC Unveils the 2020 Homecoming Kit
CHICAGO and NEW YORK - The Chicago Fire Football Club today unveiled its new primary jersey, the Homecoming Kit, at the MLS FORWARD 25 event in New York City in advance of Fashion Week. The navy jersey will serve as the Fire's primary kit for the 2020 MLS season as the Club marks its return to historic Soldier Field.
The new adidas Homecoming Kit features a red collar on a navy base that shows the rising of the Fire through the thin, red pinstripes that run throughout the jersey. The Chicago-based mobile communications company and official jersey partner of the Club, Motorola, continues on in 2020 as their logo is prominently featured on the front of the jersey. Additionally, the jersey features a new font as the official MLS name and number jersey font for 2020 is a dynamic, energetic and bold graphic typeface that introduces a layering tri-line effect. The entire Homecoming Kit will feature the navy jersey, navy shorts and red socks.
The 2020 Homecoming Kit is available for pre-order at ShopChicagoFire.com.
Showcasing the Fire's new brand identity, the jersey was unveiled by Chicago legend and one of the most accomplished MLS players in league history, Mike Magee. Magee, a native of Elmhurst, Illinois, starred in MLS for 14 seasons, including three seasons with the Fire (2013-2015). In 2013, Magee enjoyed his most successful MLS campaign, scoring 21 goals and adding four assists during the regular season while being named the MLS MVP, becoming the first-ever Chicago Fire player to win the award.
FORWARD 25 was a first for MLS, with all clubs' jerseys revealed at one time. Along with Magee, celebrities that revealed their new home colors included DeAndre Hopkins, Ninja, Colin Hanks and Alexi Lalas. In partnership with EA SPORTS FIFA, the adidas jerseys will now be revealed virtually across EA SPORTS FIFA channels following the real-world unveiling.
The Fire will kick off the 2020 MLS season on the road versus reigning MLS Cup champion Seattle Sounders on March 1 at 2:00 p.m. CT (ESPN). The Fire will officially make its return to Soldier Field in the Homecoming Kit on Saturday, March 21 when the team hosts Atlanta United FC in its home opener at 2:30 p.m. CT (Univision).
Single-match tickets for the Fire's 2020 home opener are available now by calling 888-MLS-FIRE or by visiting ChicagoFireFC.com. Additionally, fans can reserve a seat at all 17 Fire home matches for as low as $15 per game with the purchase of a season-long ticket package.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 5, 2020
- Preseason Game Report #2: Montreal Impact 0-1 Philadelphia Union - Montreal Impact
- New York Red Bulls and Ninja Unveil 2020 Dark Mode Kit - New York Red Bulls
- Major League Soccer and adidas Reveal 2020 Jersey Collection at Star-Studded FORWARD25 Event - MLS
- Minnesota United Presents 2020 Wing Kit - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City SC Reveals 2020 Heart & Sol Away Kit Presented by Orlando Health - Orlando City SC
- First-Ever Inter Miami Jersey Revealed by Academy Players - Inter Miami CF
- Sporting Unveils New Secondary Jersey - Sporting Kansas City
- Colorado Rapids Unveil New 2020 Primary Kit at FORWARD25 Event - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC Launches First Major League Soccer Away Jersey - Nashville SC
- Your Jersey Is Here: Inter Miami CF Unveils Inaugural Away Jersey "The RosaNegra" - Inter Miami CF
- Major League Soccer, adidas reveal Atlanta United's King's Kit at #FORWARD25 celebration - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Unveils New Primary Black Jersey for 2020-21 Seasons - Los Angeles FC
- Whitecaps FC Unveil the Wave Jersey for 2020 Season - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire FC Unveils the 2020 Homecoming Kit - Chicago Fire
- Major League Soccer and adidas Reveal New 2020 Club Jerseys at #forward25 Celebration - D.C. United
- Impact Unveils New Secondary Kit - Montreal Impact
- FC Dallas Unveils the Legacy Kit for 2020 Season - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Unveils New Primary Rave Green Kit for 2020-2021 Seasons - Seattle Sounders FC
- "BOLD": Introducing FC Cincinnati's primary 2020 kit - FC Cincinnati
- Alashe nets decisive goal in FCC's final match in Arizona - FC Cincinnati
- Sounders FC Earns 6-2 Win over Sacramento Republic FC in Preseason Friendly at CenturyLink Field - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Sign Defender Nick DePuy - LA Galaxy
- Colorado Rapids 2020 Preseason Roster Update - Colorado Rapids
- Sounders FC Signs Defender Yeimar Gomez Andrade - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy to Host Victoria Block Party at Dignity Health Sports Park this Saturday, February 8 - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati Sign Moroccan Midfielder Adrien Regattin - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: July 13-19
- Chicago Fire FC Joins Group B in MLS Is Back Tournament
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires up to $200,000 in General Allocation Money from New England Revolution for Matt Polster's MLS Rights
- Chicago Fire FC's First MLS Is Back Tournament Match against Nashville SC Postponed
- Chicago Fire FC to Host "Drive-In Matchday, Presented by Continental TireÃ¢ÂÂ at Soldier Field for MLS Is Back Tournament Opener on July 8