Bisons Fall to Chiefs, 5-4
The Bisons took their first trip to Syracuse this season and fell to the Chiefs Friday night by a final score of 5-4. The Bisons took the lead in the fifth, but the advantage evaporated during a late-inning Syracuse rally.
The Bisons had controlled the majority of the game before the Chiefs took their first lead of the game in the eighth on a four-run inning. Syracuse got two hits, a sacrifice fly and drew four walks in the frame and as it batted around the order. Yadiel Hernandez's walk brought home Jacob Wilson for the go-ahead run.
Anthony Alford paced the Herd offense with three hits and two RBI.
Alford delivered an opposite-field double to add insurance to the lead in the fifth in an inning the Bisons plated two runs. A one-out, RBI-double to straightaway centerfield off the bat of Lourdes Gurriel Jr. started the rally and Roemon Fields used his speed to motor all the way home from first base on the hit.
Alford continued his hot streak at the plate. In the seventh, he belted a hanging curveball over the left field wall off Chiefs' reliever Carlos Torres for a solo shot.
Herd starter Murphy Smith held Syracuse in check and was efficient in an outing that lasted five innings. He allowed just one run on two hits and struck out two batters without dealing a walk.
The lone run against Smith's line came on a sacrifice fly from Adrian Sanchez in the third. Smith retired the side three times and set down seven consecutive batters before exiting the game.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 29, 2018
- Four-Run Eighth Leads Chiefs to Comeback Win over Herd - Syracuse Mets
- Clippers Hold on to Claim Game Two - Columbus Clippers
- Knights Sink the Stripers 5-4 on Friday Night - Charlotte Knights
- Stripers Come up Short Again in Charlotte - Gwinnett Stripers
- Big Fourth Buries Tribe in Columbus - Indianapolis Indians
- 'Pigs Edge Wings in 10 - Rochester Red Wings
- Rosa, Bats Can't Hold off Durham - Norfolk Tides
- Hens Win in Front of Sold out Crowd - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Fall to Chiefs, 5-4 - Buffalo Bisons
- Bats Fall to Mud Hens, 8-4 - Louisville Bats
- RailRiders Top Red Sox to Even Record - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Pigs Take Game 1 in Extra Innings - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- PawSox Fall 7-4 to RailRiders in Series Opener - Pawtucket Red Sox
- On-Field Movie Night Is August 10 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (43-34) at Columbus Clippers (39-39) - Indianapolis Indians
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Friday, June 29, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Louisville Bats Notes: June 29 - Louisville Bats
- LHP Jordan Guerrero Promoted to Charlotte Today - Charlotte Knights
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Syracuse (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Celebrate a Patriotic Week of Festivities at Coca-Cola Park - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- The Setup: Pigs and Red Wings Begin Three-Game Set - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bulls Celebrate Independence Week with Five Fireworks Shows - Durham Bulls
- David Mickey Evans Added to Sandlot Night Festivities - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Bats to Host July 3 Media Hot Dog Eating Contest - Louisville Bats
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons GM Anthony Sprague on Team's Temporary Relocation to Trenton
- Bisons to begin season in Trenton, NJ
- Blue Jays Reassign 10 to Minor League Camp
- MLB to Experiment with Bigger Bases at Triple-A During 2021 Season
- Blue Jays Name Casey Candaele Buffalo Bisons Manager