Bats Fall to Mud Hens, 8-4
LOUISVILLE, Ky. - The Louisville Bats (30-46) dropped the second game of a four-game series to the Toledo Mud Hens (46-33) by an 8-4 score Friday night at Fifth Third Field.
Left-hander Cody Reed (2-6, 4.57) started for Louisville and got the loss, snapping a two-game winning streak for him. He went 7.0 innings, giving up eight earned runs on 10 hits, walking three and striking out eight on 102 pitches, 64 strikes.
D.J. Peterson, Phillip Ervin and Mason Williams all registered two-hit games, with Williams driving in two in the ninth inning with his fifth home run of the season. Peterson hit his ninth home run of the season in the sixth inning, most on the club this season.
Zach Neal tossed a scoreless inning of relief in the 8-4 Bats loss. Toledo scored seven runs in the bottom of the first inning, taking Louisville out of the game very early on. The Bats and Mud Hens are back at it tomorrow with first pitch set for 7:05 p.m. Right-hander Robert Stephenson (6-6, 3.72) starts for Louisville and left-hander Tyler Alexander (2-2, 5.40) starts for Toledo.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 29, 2018
- Four-Run Eighth Leads Chiefs to Comeback Win over Herd - Syracuse Mets
- Clippers Hold on to Claim Game Two - Columbus Clippers
- Knights Sink the Stripers 5-4 on Friday Night - Charlotte Knights
- Stripers Come up Short Again in Charlotte - Gwinnett Stripers
- Big Fourth Buries Tribe in Columbus - Indianapolis Indians
- 'Pigs Edge Wings in 10 - Rochester Red Wings
- Rosa, Bats Can't Hold off Durham - Norfolk Tides
- Hens Win in Front of Sold out Crowd - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Fall to Chiefs, 5-4 - Buffalo Bisons
- Bats Fall to Mud Hens, 8-4 - Louisville Bats
- RailRiders Top Red Sox to Even Record - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Pigs Take Game 1 in Extra Innings - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- PawSox Fall 7-4 to RailRiders in Series Opener - Pawtucket Red Sox
- On-Field Movie Night Is August 10 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (43-34) at Columbus Clippers (39-39) - Indianapolis Indians
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Friday, June 29, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Louisville Bats Notes: June 29 - Louisville Bats
- LHP Jordan Guerrero Promoted to Charlotte Today - Charlotte Knights
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Syracuse (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Celebrate a Patriotic Week of Festivities at Coca-Cola Park - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- The Setup: Pigs and Red Wings Begin Three-Game Set - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bulls Celebrate Independence Week with Five Fireworks Shows - Durham Bulls
- David Mickey Evans Added to Sandlot Night Festivities - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Bats to Host July 3 Media Hot Dog Eating Contest - Louisville Bats
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.