Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Syracuse (7:05 p.m.)
Buffalo Bisons (37-35, 2nd (-5.0), North) vs. Syracuse Chiefs (32-46, 6th (-13.0), North)
Friday, June 29, 2018 (7:05 p.m.) - NBT Bank Stadium
RHP Murphy Smith (0-4, 6.57) vs. RHP Jefry Rodriguez (NR)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, Bisons.com
This evening, the Buffalo Bisons take on the Syracuse Chiefs in the first game of a three-game series. Following the series at NBT Bank Stadium, the Herd will return home to play a four-game home and home series against Scranton Wilkes/Barre that includes the July 3rd Independence Eve celebration at the ballpark. After returning home from Moosic, PA, Buffalo will play host to the Chiefs July 6-8.
Last Game: BUF 8, PAW 1
RHP Jon Harris earned his first career Triple-A win in his debut on Thursday. The right-hander tossed six innings allowing one unearned run to score on four hits, while striking out four. 1B Rowdy Tellez and INF Richard Urena both had multi-hit games in the victory. Tellez hit his sixth home run of the year in the 3rd inning to open the scoring. OF Roemon Fields and OF Anthony Alford both knocked in two runs to help secure Buffalo's third straight win.
The last series between the Bisons and Chiefs was May 21-24 at Coca-Cola Field. The four-game series was split with the Herd taking the first two and the Chiefs taking the last two. RHP Conor Fisk is 2-0 with a 0.00 ERA in 2 relief appearances (7.1 IP) versus Syracuse this season. In two starts against the division rival, RHP Chris Rowley has a 2.77 ERA in 13 IP (1-0).
Today's Starter: RHP Murphy Smith
RHP Murphy Smith is making his third spot start of the year for Buffalo tonight. The righty last started in Game 2 of June 19th's doubleheader in Pawtucket where he went 3.1 innings in the loss. All of his starts for the Bisons have come in the month of June.
1B Rowdy Tellez was 2-4 in Thursday's victory. The lefty slugged his sixth long ball of the year, tying the amount he hit in a Bisons' uniform in 2017. This was the fourth home run Tellez has hit in the month of June.
OF Roemon Fields went 1-5 with a run scored and two runs batted in on Thursday. The two-run single in the 8th extended his hitting streak to five games. His longest hitting streak this season is six games (5/1-5/6). During his current streak, Fields is batting .350 (7-20) with six RBIs.
INF Richard Urena was 2-3 with an run and a walk on Thursday. Urena also had a run batted in. In eight day games this season, the infielder has 11 hits in 35 at-bats (.355) with eight runs scored.
RHP Jon Harris was promoted to the Bisons from New Hampshire (AA) on Thursday and LHP Jake Fishman was sent to Dunedin (A).
C Danny Jansen and INF Jason Leblebijian will represent the Bisons in the 2018 All-Star Game on 7/11. Jansen is leading the team in batting average (.299), hits (58), and RBIs (39). The backstop also is in the IL top ten in batting ranking 9th and is second in on base percentage with .413. Leblebijian leads the Herd in runs (33) and homeruns (10).
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (37-43) had a scheduled off day on Thursday. The Jays face the Detroit Tigers tonight beginning a nine-game home stand at Rogers Centre that spans ten days. Following the four game series against Detroit, Toronto will play the Mets for two games before a series against the Yankees starting Friday.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 29, 2018
- Four-Run Eighth Leads Chiefs to Comeback Win over Herd - Syracuse Mets
- Clippers Hold on to Claim Game Two - Columbus Clippers
- Knights Sink the Stripers 5-4 on Friday Night - Charlotte Knights
- Stripers Come up Short Again in Charlotte - Gwinnett Stripers
- Big Fourth Buries Tribe in Columbus - Indianapolis Indians
- 'Pigs Edge Wings in 10 - Rochester Red Wings
- Rosa, Bats Can't Hold off Durham - Norfolk Tides
- Hens Win in Front of Sold out Crowd - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Fall to Chiefs, 5-4 - Buffalo Bisons
- Bats Fall to Mud Hens, 8-4 - Louisville Bats
- RailRiders Top Red Sox to Even Record - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Pigs Take Game 1 in Extra Innings - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- PawSox Fall 7-4 to RailRiders in Series Opener - Pawtucket Red Sox
- On-Field Movie Night Is August 10 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (43-34) at Columbus Clippers (39-39) - Indianapolis Indians
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Friday, June 29, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Louisville Bats Notes: June 29 - Louisville Bats
- LHP Jordan Guerrero Promoted to Charlotte Today - Charlotte Knights
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Syracuse (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Celebrate a Patriotic Week of Festivities at Coca-Cola Park - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- The Setup: Pigs and Red Wings Begin Three-Game Set - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bulls Celebrate Independence Week with Five Fireworks Shows - Durham Bulls
- David Mickey Evans Added to Sandlot Night Festivities - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Bats to Host July 3 Media Hot Dog Eating Contest - Louisville Bats
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons GM Anthony Sprague on Team's Temporary Relocation to Trenton
- Bisons to begin season in Trenton, NJ
- Blue Jays Reassign 10 to Minor League Camp
- MLB to Experiment with Bigger Bases at Triple-A During 2021 Season
- Blue Jays Name Casey Candaele Buffalo Bisons Manager