LHP Jordan Guerrero Promoted to Charlotte Today
LHP Jordan Guerrero, who entered the 2018 season ranked 25th in the Chicago White Sox system by Baseball America, has been promoted to the Charlotte Knights today from Double-A Birmingham. Guerrero, 24, will start tonight's 7:04 p.m. game for the Knights at BB&T Ballpark against the Gwinnett Stripers. He will make his Triple-A debut.
Originally selected by the White Sox in the 15th round of the 2012 First-Year Player Draft, Guerrero has compiled a 3-6 record with a 6.06 ERA this season in 14 games (13 starts) with the Birmingham Barons (65.1 IP). Last season, the Oxnard, CA native posted a 7-12 record with a 4.18 ERA in 25 games (all starts) with the Barons (146.1 IP). He ranked among the Southern League leaders in complete games (T-1st), shutouts (T-2nd), strikeouts (4th), and strikeouts per 9 IP (5th).
OF Alex Presley appeared in 29 games with the Knights this season and hit .198 (20-for-101) with six runs scored, three doubles, one home run, and 12 RBIs. He was signed by the White Sox as a free agent on May 23rd and assigned to Charlotte. The 32-year-old hit .275 (30-for-109) with 19 runs scored, five doubles, one triple, one home run and eight RBIs in 26 games earlier this season with the Norfolk Tides. He was signed by the Baltimore Orioles as a free agent on February 19, 2018.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 29, 2018
- Four-Run Eighth Leads Chiefs to Comeback Win over Herd - Syracuse Mets
- Clippers Hold on to Claim Game Two - Columbus Clippers
- Knights Sink the Stripers 5-4 on Friday Night - Charlotte Knights
- Stripers Come up Short Again in Charlotte - Gwinnett Stripers
- Big Fourth Buries Tribe in Columbus - Indianapolis Indians
- 'Pigs Edge Wings in 10 - Rochester Red Wings
- Rosa, Bats Can't Hold off Durham - Norfolk Tides
- Hens Win in Front of Sold out Crowd - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Fall to Chiefs, 5-4 - Buffalo Bisons
- Bats Fall to Mud Hens, 8-4 - Louisville Bats
- RailRiders Top Red Sox to Even Record - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Pigs Take Game 1 in Extra Innings - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- PawSox Fall 7-4 to RailRiders in Series Opener - Pawtucket Red Sox
- On-Field Movie Night Is August 10 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (43-34) at Columbus Clippers (39-39) - Indianapolis Indians
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Friday, June 29, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Louisville Bats Notes: June 29 - Louisville Bats
- LHP Jordan Guerrero Promoted to Charlotte Today - Charlotte Knights
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Syracuse (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Celebrate a Patriotic Week of Festivities at Coca-Cola Park - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- The Setup: Pigs and Red Wings Begin Three-Game Set - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bulls Celebrate Independence Week with Five Fireworks Shows - Durham Bulls
- David Mickey Evans Added to Sandlot Night Festivities - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Bats to Host July 3 Media Hot Dog Eating Contest - Louisville Bats
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.